Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is Jesus a sign for the entire world or only for his people?

Offline IjazAhmad

• View Profile
Is Jesus a sign for the entire world or only for his people?
« on: October 14, 2014, 05:57:18 PM »
Salamun Br. Joseph!

I'm wondering if Jesus' was a sign for all mankind or only for his own people? Sadly, there are many Christians who tries to twist the verses of the Qur'aan. Christians use this verse to prove that Jesus' was sent for all mankind i.e., to preach.

Even if I provide evidence from the Qur'aan that he was sent only to his own people, they won't listen!  :-\

Sahih International
He said, "Thus [it will be]; your Lord says, 'It is easy for Me, and We will make him a sign to the people and a mercy from Us. And it is a matter [already] decreed.' "

Muhsin Khan
He said: "So (it will be), your Lord said: 'That is easy for Me (Allah): And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allah), and it is a matter (already) decreed, (by Allah).”

Pickthall
He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me. And (it will be) that We may make of him a revelation for mankind and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained.

Different translations, and I'm weak in Arabic.

Secondly, the use the same verse 19:21 - They claim:

In Mark 2:10 Jesus declared that as a prophet of God, he has the power to forgive sins. We then went to Quran 19:21 which quotes angel Gabriel speaking to Mary and referred to Jesus as mercy from God. Then to have a clearer understanding of what the Quran means by "mercy from God", we went to Quran 18:58 which describes the mercy of God as the forgiveness of sin.

Peace,
Ijaz, A.

Offline berat.s

• View Profile
Re: Is Jesus a sign for the entire world or only for his people?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 07:33:05 PM »
I suggest you read the following article:
http://quransmessage.com/articles/prophet%20muhammad%20as%20a%20mercy%20to%20creation%20FM3.htm

Some points to be noted:

(1)    THE PROPHET IS ONLY A MERCY FOR THOSE THAT BELIEVE

(2)    THE CAPACITY OF THE PROPHET AS A MERCY ONLY EXTENDS AS A 'MESSENGER' TO WARN HIS OWN PEOPLE