Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Do Animals Have Any Sort of Accountability?

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
Do Animals Have Any Sort of Accountability?
« on: February 06, 2015, 12:38:17 AM »
Salaam brother Joseph

Do Animals Have Any Sort of Accountability?

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Do Animals Have Any Sort of Accountability?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:42:24 AM »
Wa alaikum assalam

The animal kingdom may not have been granted 'vicegerancy' or 'trust' (33:72) on planet Earth as humans were, but it is quite possibly a mistaken belief according to the Quran, that they are aimless creatures with no possible answerability whatsoever of their own.

The Quran makes it clear that every moving creature / animal is created no different to our communities (ummah - i.e. implying they have characteristics in common, tribes, common values, social interaction, intent, resources, fellowship, kinship, hierarchy, communication methods et al); that their actions will be recorded as nothing is omitted from a Record / Book and that they will indeed be gathered back to their Lord for answerability in whatever capacity He so wills.

If they were merely aimless creatures there would arguably be no need to resurrect them on the Day of Judgement.

006:038
"And there is no creature on (or within) the earth or a bird that flies with its wings except (that they are) communities (umamun) like you. We have not neglected anything in the Book (Register). Then to their Lord they will be gathered"

This understanding is also supported by a narrative of the Quran which involves Prophet Solomon and a Hoopoe bird where there is clear evidence that the ‘bird' had the ability to disobey orders of some sorts and thus subject to retribution. Although, the bird had good reason for his absence in this particular instance, this does not deter from the fact that some form of accountability was expected from him.

“And he inspected the birds and said "Why is it that I do not see the hoopoe or is he from the absent?"

"I will surely punish him with a severe punishment or I will surely slay him, unless he brings me a clear reason (for his absence)"

I hope this helps, God willing

Regards,
Joseph

RELATED ARTICLE:

[1] DO ANIMALS HAVE SOULS?
http://quransmessage.com/articles/animal%20souls%20FM3.htm
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell