Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What is the role of Prophet Jesus in Islam and other questions

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
What is the role of Prophet Jesus in Islam and other questions
« on: January 29, 2016, 01:37:07 PM »
Salam Walaikum brothers and sisters...

Hope you are all fine...:)...I have some new doubts...hope you guys can help...

What is the role of Prophet Jesus in Islam?...i met some of my Christian friends yesterday...we were just discussing...most of the things they said was...same as in Quran...the only thing i couldnt understand is...they said...Garden of Adam and Eve was created by Jesus...and they also said that...when Jesus descended to Heaven..some people only saw his hands...and they said that...Jesus descended to Heaven...is it true that...Jesus was crucified?...everything else was similar to us and them..like...they said...no idol worship...God is one...we shall pray to one God only...etc etc...only i m confused about the above statement...hope you guys can clear it...

Does Quran say anything about the mark on the forehead of muslims...(which is mostly caused due to their constant praying..or may be because of prostrating)...

What is adornment according to Quran?...I wear a chain...in which my husband's name is inscribed..so that...people would know that I am married...as many think that i m still unmarried...so i started wearing this chain..so..are ornaments not allowed for women to wear in public?...does adornment mean ornaments?...

Is piercing allowed?...like...we wear earings...so piercing on our ears allowed?

I hope you guys could help me...sorry and thanks again...:)

With best regards,
Anjum

Offline Star

• View Profile
Re: What is the role of Prophet Jesus in Islam and other questions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 09:44:18 PM »
Even I'm confused about Jesus in the Quran, but I can answer your last few questions. Bracelets and such are allowed as per 24:31. Only adornment/ornaments that unnecessarily make a show of sexual beauty are problematic. "What appears naturally" can be shown according to the Quran.

Your ears are already pierced, so there's not much you can do about it. However I think it's disliked because "slitting the ears of the cattle" is bad in the Quran, so doing the same with humans must also be bad. I think you can wear earrings since the piercing is already there, but don't get your kids' ears pierced.

Hope this helps :)

Offline A.H.A

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 03:28:23 AM »
What is the role of Prophet Jesus in Islam?

The following articles may help:

The Virgin Birth of Prophet Jesus
Was Prophet Jesus (pbuh) sent to the Gentiles?
Understanding the Crucifixion of Jesus (pbuh) from a Quran's Perspective

Garden of Adam and Eve was created by Jesus.

That is not true according to the Quran.

Jesus descended to Heaven...

Quran says something about ascending, but it is not clear whether he was literally ascended to Heaven or the passage is figurative since the word "Heaven" is not used. Most likely it is figurative, rather than literally ascension to Heaven.

But God raised him (Jesus) up (in position) and closer to Himself; and God is all-mighty and all-wise. Q[4:158]

some people only saw his hands

There isn't any support for that in the Quran.

Jesus was crucified?

Quran only denies that Jews killed or crucified Jesus.

And for their (the Jews) saying: "We (the Jews) killed the Christ, Jesus, son of Mary, who was an apostle of God;" but they (the Jews) neither killed nor crucified him, though it so appeared to them (the Jews). Those who (could be anyone, including Jews) disagree in the matter are only lost in doubt. They (could be anyone, including Jews) have no knowledge about it other than conjecture, for surely they (the Jews) did not kill him...Q[4:157]

Read:
Understanding the Crucifixion of Jesus (pbuh) from a Quran's Perspective

everything else was similar to us and them..like...they said...no idol worship...God is one...we shall pray to one God only...etc etc

Christians believe in Trinity, which basically means that God is one in being and three in person. This concept of Trinity is very confusing and the high majority of Christians (like 70%+) hardly know what that means and no one can explain or articulate this concept logically. Quran denies the doctrine of Trinity.

O people of the Book, do not be fanatical in your faith, and say nothing but the truth about God. The Messiah who is Jesus, son of Mary, was only an apostle of God, and a command of His which He sent to Mary, as a mercy from Him. So believe in God and His apostles, and do not say 'Trinity'. Abstain from this for your own good; for God is only one God, and far from His glory is it to beget a son. All that is in the heavens and the earth belongs to Him; and sufficient is God for all help. Q[4:171]

Does Quran say anything about the mark on the forehead of muslims...(which is mostly caused due to their constant praying..or may be because of prostrating)...

Yes, but only companions of Prophet Muhammad and not all Muslims.

Muhammad is the Prophet of God; and those who are with him are severe with infidels but compassionate among themselves. You may see them kneeling and bowing in reverence, seeking His favour and acceptance. Their mark is on their foreheads from the effect of prostrations. Their likeness in the Torah, and their likeness in the Gospel, is like a seed that sends out a stalk, then makes it firm, and it becomes strong and rises straight upon its stem, gladdening the cultivator's heart, in order to fill the unbelievers with dismay. God has promised those who believe and do the right forgiveness and a great reward.
Q[48:29]

What is adornment according to Quran?...I wear a chain...in which my husband's name is inscribed..so that...people would know that I am married...as many think that i m still unmarried...so i started wearing this chain..so..are ornaments not allowed for women to wear in public?...does adornment mean ornaments?...

See mia666's response.

Is piercing allowed?...like...we wear earings...so piercing on our ears allowed?

There is no problem with piercing of ears. As for slitting the ears of the cattle, Q[4:119], read this.

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 11:56:29 AM »
Salam A.H.A., I kind of agree with your statement about ear piercing but not completely. It's probably allowed, but it seems to have a negative connotation. The Quran advises against changing God's creation in a way that is harmful. When you get your ears pierced, you're basically putting a hole in your own body for no particular reason. It may be a cultural practice, but it's really not necessary.

I have my ears pierced, by the way, but I wouldn't want to get it done on my hypothetical children, especially when they're babies. It seems like I'd be violating them unethically since they can't give consent--even if it's not a big deal. Anyway, I also need to read the Jesus articles, since I'm not completely sure what happened with him. Thank you for citing them :) ~ Mia

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 01:09:27 PM »
Salam Walaikum Sister mia...

Thank you very much for your answers and support...i understood what you wrote and thanks a lot sister...:)...but..i wanted ask..so m i allowed to wear...chain...which shows my husbands name?...as it is inscribed in it..

Thanks and best regards,
Anjum

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 01:14:33 PM »
Salam Brother AHA..

I Thank you once again for going through all my questions and replying me...thank you very much...

But brother...if..mark is mentioned for the companions of prophet...then what about the marks of the present people..because i have seen many people with marks on forehead...so..what does that mean?..i mean...mark on the forehead of the present people?..

I am sorry for further questions and thank you very much...:)...

Thanks and regards,
Anjum

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 07:58:20 AM »
Salam :D,

There's no reason you shouldn't wear the chain with your husband's name. I think you can have a chain with anyone's name on it, even your own. No prohibition there. :)

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 12:48:11 PM »
Salam Sister Mia...

Thank you very much...:)...this answer helps...:)...m happy...:)...Thanks a lot sister..:)...

With best regards,
Anjum

Offline A.H.A

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 03:56:09 AM »
But brother...if..mark is mentioned for the companions of prophet...then what about the marks of the present people..because i have seen many people with marks on forehead...so..what does that mean?..i mean...mark on the forehead of the present people?..

The mark by itself has no significant, it is only a description. It is only matter of where one places his/her face during prostration; if the ground is soft there would be no mark no matter how much he/she prostrates, and if the ground is a little lumpy he/she will have mark. The mark is not important, the prostration is. The mark doesn't add anything to the reward of the prostration, there is no support for that in the Quran, a soft and smooth place would be fine to prostrate and avoid the mark.

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 05:25:11 PM »
Salam Walaikum Brother AHA...

Thank you very much for your explanation..:)..i was confused with the mark recently..as some people were quoting something...with it...tats y..i was confused...thank you..:)...very much brother..:)...

May God bless us all...

With best regards...
Anjum