Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Shirk

Offline zara

• View Profile
Shirk
« on: February 08, 2016, 11:41:31 PM »
Salaam all,
Ever since I found out that shirk is not just about worshiping man made sculptures,I haven't had a worry free day.I am so in fear of committing shirk,that I constantly replay all my thoughts and actions checking for any signs of shirk.
What are some of the common things in our daily lives that you would consider to be shirk.
Thanks.

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
Re: Shirk
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 07:40:32 PM »
Salaam zara,

You asked:

What are some of the common things in our daily lives that you would consider to be shirk.

Please visit read the following article written by brother Jospeh Islam, which explains the other forms of shirk from a Quran perspective:

IDOLATRY ACCORDING TO THE QURAN
http://quransmessage.com/articles/idolatry%20according%20to%20the%20quran%20FM3.htm

With regards to your worries, please bear in mind that Allah (in my humble opinion) does't care about the what's but rather He cares about the why's, In other words, Allah holds us accountable not for what (sins) we have done, but rather He holds us accountable for WHY we have done them. So please relax your mind and ease you worries. If one day by accident you committed a sin (such as shirk) without intending to, then know that Allah is understanding, merciful and forgiving. Allah only holds us accountable for the sins we commit INTENTIONALLY.:

"Allah accept the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them will Allah turn in mercy: For Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom."[Quran 4:17]

Please also visit the following article:

A GENEROUS, LOVING AND FORGIVING LORD
http://quransmessage.com/articles/generous,%20forgiving%20lord%20FM3.htm

Hope that helps.
Peace.

Offline zara

• View Profile
Re: Shirk
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 10:10:10 PM »
Thanks Hassan for the links and the advice,I really appreciate it.