Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Muhammads interpretation

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
Muhammads interpretation
« on: August 30, 2016, 10:43:16 AM »
Peace.  :)

Do you think that Muhammad (Peace be upon him too) had to interpret his Lords words, like you, and I do?
deleted

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
Re: Muhammads interpretation
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 12:49:59 PM »
Asalamu Alykum Gahaiile

You know there may be many opinions about this. In my humble opinion, I wouldn't doubt that the prophet of God did explain the Quran. I sometimes think also that of course the prophet would of spoke to his people and explained to them other things in life on a personal level and on a prophethood level. I think the people with him had been TESTED in a different way than we would be tested. I dont think they were concerned with what was Quranic or not, as the prophet was living amongst them and they made a allegiance with him and different things on their minds. They were instructed to fight in wars and so on.

I dont think of course the people had a CONCERN over what is the prophet saying was true. As they were alive with him.

However it also seems like God has always paved a way of a means of a test to later generations through the Quran. Allah(swt) knows best.

I have not indulged in the studies of the Ahadith to much, but from my limited knowledge about them, I don't find much interpretations that come through way of Quranic verses that is said to come from the prophet's mouth, which I possibly would assume he did interpret the Quran using the Quran as the source of interpretation(tafsir)

16:44 [We sent them] with clear proofs and written ordinances. And We revealed to you the message that you may make clear to the people what was sent down to them and that they might give thought.

25:33 And no question do they bring to thee but We reveal to thee the truth and the best explanation (thereof).

Salam  :)

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 03:28:08 PM »
What I should of included in my last post was:

Despite that Arabic was the language of Muhammad's people, I would still think that the prophet explained the Quran to his companions or different parties amongst him as it would be very hard to explain it and answer to every individual.

The Quran still needs to be carefully studied and pondered over for explanations, even if one understood the language. I believe as prophet Muhammad started his ministry the authorities did not just accept the message with a blind eye, they must of pondered and examined what was being revealed. Although the argument that was put forth by God to all the people was very simple. Justice, monotheism verses polytheism and injustice.

I believe that on the grounds of verse 4:59, there was an expectation that the community would be obeying there authorities as the believing authorities were also simultaneously obeying God and the messenger. Any disputes amongst people or different parties concerning religion then the people in charge of each party would have to refer it back to God and the messenger for the final decision. This would make it much easier than dealing with every individual.

4:59 O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.

What just came to me as a suprise Masha'Allah, is the verse below.

9:122 And the believers should not all go out to fight. Of every troop of them, a party only should go forth, that they (who are left behind) may gain sound knowledge in religion, and that they may warn their folk when they return to them, so that they may beware.

I may assume that from each party of people who were on the prophets side, there remained an instruction that they should each have from amongst them some people that remain behind to study and gain sound knowledge in religion.

So Muhammad's interpretation was not so much the concern to the believers as they understood that it was Gods words being revealed and it was a duty upon them to also study and ponder the Quran for best guidance although they were fortunate to have the prophet amongst them and they never had the confusion with Ahadith literiture and so on. Believers of the past and of today and the future will remain vigilant that God is with them and will help them Insha'Allah.

Also those people like i mentioned before had their own struggles and tests. Allah know best.

It was an interesting question you asked, these are just my thoughts, as you did ask for our thoughts  :).

I tried to base my answer from what I know of the Quran (thanks to God). It only remains a thought based on some verses. At the end if the Quran does not shed to much light on what really happened then we should not engage in matters that are not clear.

Allah knows best.

Peace

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 09:42:28 PM »
Peace be upon you.  :) :)
deleted