Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Tajweed

Offline Visionary

• View Profile
Tajweed
« on: January 02, 2012, 01:18:44 AM »
Salaam people!

What is the importance of 'tajweed' in Quranic recitation? I understand that it is good to recite the verses in a pleasant tone, and also that correct pronunciation allows one to make less errors whilst reciting. However, is tajweed an actual Quranic concept or is it something that was added? Wouldn't it be more practical to study the actual language itself whereby gaining understanding of the words you are reciting as well as mere pronunciation?

Thought? :)

Regards, 

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Tajweed
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 01:21:44 AM »
Assalam I am also particular in correct pronounciation of Quran ,but I still need somebody to help.An Eygptian Hafiz promised me to hel but I dont know how much time is needed to complete Tajweed.Can somebody help any other way to learn Tajweed.Br. JAI may help
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 09:27:41 AM »
Salaam,

I think that when one is learning languages, pronunciation is one important aspect. It is always good to try and pronounce the words as correctly as possible.

However, I do feel that there might be an over emphasis on this, in respect to the Quran.

What is unusual in the case of Quranic arabic, is that unlike when one learns other languages, this one (in general) is learnt without understanding the meaning of the words in your own language, so you are effect learning without learning.

Although ideally, one should do both to get the full richness of its beauty, I would always favour learning the meanings over pronouncing the words.

And for Sardar Miyan, I can recommend going on YouTube and typing in 'Tajweed'. You will find many lessons on this staring from the alphabet onwards. I have found this very useful.

Offline chadiga

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 10:17:19 PM »
Salamu aleikum my sister and brothers
I'm here personally gone to learn the Quran in a school  (Egypt) and so clear with Tajweed. the tajweed teachings is not only the recitation  laws, within the Tajjids you learn the correct pronunciation of each letter. Surely it is wrong, only to memorize and recite beautiful  and so lost maybe the meaning or pondering up the verses. However,when sufficient time is available I think it's very nice, since it can be learned within two months.

Offline Visionary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 06:32:18 AM »
I was once told that learning Tajweed is more important than actual Arabic, as to learn Arabic itself is not prescribed in the Quran (or secondary sources). But I would see that if you are to study the Quran you would do better by understanding Arabic. So as it is not mentioned in the Quran is it upon us to do so?

Offline Mubashir

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 04:21:47 AM »
[size=10pt]Salam Friends

What some people recite the Qur'an as if they were singing. Does this not seem like disrespct to Allah's Word? Do we read our company rules and regulations in a sing-song manner? Or a doctor's written instructions in that manner?

I may be wrong but speech should be recited (with correct pronuciaion) as speech. Turning it into a song-like Qir'at does not make sense.

Regards[/size].

Offline Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 09:27:13 AM »
The Qur'an is not company rules or a doctor's instructions. It has natural rhythm which you can never pick up in a translation. I know to those that understand Arabic as a mother tongue, it is mesmerizing. I think good recitors - those whose natural tongue is Arabic change their tone depending on what they are reading. deep or high tones etc etc. Maybe a bit like the Jewish hymns.  Doc.  8)

Offline Mubashir

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 11:14:40 PM »

Respectfully, the Qur'an is guidance, warning and good news. It should be read in a manner that is respectful. Not like we were singing poetry and. It is serious business. People feel good after such recitations, kiss it and put it back on the shelf. Some have Qirat competitions. What we need is Fehm (Comprehension) competitions. The Books asks us to study it with care and nowhere it suggests we engage in recitation competitions.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 01:11:07 AM »
 Salam All You are absolutely right that Understanding of Quran is basically important as we have to know what Allah is asking us to do .Recitation melodiously is secondary but this method attracts the listioners some may or may not understand. May Allah forgive me I noticed that even Arabs can not understand Quran well as they read ( I may be wrong but I feel like that) Tajweed is needed for those who start  learning arabic or for the peoiple to correct their pronounciation

May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline chadiga

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 05:13:43 AM »
Salam sardar miyan

The Arabic language is melodious in itself. The Quran is poetry. So we see today is that the human mind takes  a song with melody  much more quickly than 'just' a mere text.
I can well imagine that it is Rahma of Allah that he has passed us the Koran as a revelation sung, precisely for the reason that it can be better absorbed and not only to pronounce it correctly.
how often have you songs, which you can not get rid of and hums all day?so  Should be the Quran, a huge buzz that we never let go .... :)

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 07:07:16 AM »
Salam sardar miyan

The Arabic language is melodious in itself. The Quran is poetry. So we see today is that the human mind takes  a song with melody  much more quickly than 'just' a mere text.
I can well imagine that it is Rahma of Allah that he has passed us the Koran as a revelation sung, precisely for the reason that it can be better absorbed and not only to pronounce it correctly.
how often have you songs, which you can not get rid of and hums all day?so  Should be the Quran, a huge buzz that we never let go .... :)

I agree with this too  8)