Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Diseases and Illnesses

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
Diseases and Illnesses
« on: July 12, 2017, 11:55:02 AM »
Dear All,
Assalaamu 'alaikum.

What is the reason behind illnesses/ diseases ? Why such painful condition happens to/with mankind ? Why some babies born handicapped ? Is it true the claim that these are part of the 'Trials' ??
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Offline munir rana

• View Profile

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
Re: Diseases and Illnesses
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 09:15:58 PM »
Thanks Dear muneer.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 08:55:35 PM »
From the Qur'an,
"They did not evaluate/estimate Allah His deserved/true value/estimation/capability, that truly Allah (is) powerful/strong, glorious/mighty." (22:74).
"Your Lord's praise/glory, Lord (of) the glory/might/power about what they describe/categorize." (37:180)

The Ultimate truth we all know is that Allah is THE MERCIFUL - THE ABSOLUTE; THE COMPASSIONATE - THE ABSOLUTE; THE WISE/ JUDICIOUS -THE ABSOLUTE and in all sense He is THE ABSOLUTE, THE OMNIPOTENT. So whether in this world or hereafter, the whole universe is under His judgement by each fraction of seconds. His judgement will never have any faults; free of all imperfections. We all are under His judgement always. So WE ALWAYS GET SERVED WITH WHAT WE DESERVE.

Then how come the innocents were burnt alive/ the innocent son of Adam killed ? Did THE MERCIFUL - THE ABSOLUTE; THE WISE/JUDICIOUS - THE ABSOLUTE  was unaware of it ? Or He is The Omnipotent only in the hereafter ?, Not in this world ?? Will THE MERCIFUL treat His creation unjustly in this world ? It is impossible even to imagine such a concept when Qur'an says "Kataba 'ala nafsihi l-rahma" (He decreed on Himself the mercy, 6:12), "Kataba rabbukum 'ala nafsihi l-rahma" (your Lord decreed on Himself the mercy, 6:54).

But what actually happened in the above referenced article is that brother Joseph Islam added his own words in his interpretation. The word 'innocent' is nowhere had I found in the Qur'an that appears with the above mentioned person/ believers. And He also said Adam's son committed no crime.

he stated:
1. Calamities even befell the innocent where they were killed in the most distressing manner. Some were simply burnt alive only because they said they believed. (85:4-8)
2. Adam's son, who was wholly innocent, was slaughtered by the hands of his own brother. He committed no crime and was simply murdered... (5:27-30)

But how one can guess the past deeds of the people mentioned in the above verses ?

Is it like, the believers will always be sinless ? while the verse 8:29 says,

"You, you those who believed if you are careful of Allah/ fear and obey Allah, He makes/creates for you a Separation of Right and Wrong, and He covers/substitutes from you your sins/crimes, and forgives for you, and Allah (is Owner) of the grace/favour/blessing, the great."
[Remember even many of the Prophets committed sin including Prophet Muhammad (47:19, 48:2)]

And brother Joseph Islam also stated: "There is no exclusivity that calamity will only afflict the wrong-doers. Indeed, calamities will also afflict the innocent, the righteous".

Remember that none of us came in to this world by our own efforts. We came only by the mercy of Allah, He gave us the soul, He gave us the physical structure that we have and He only giving our provision. So He is the 'Sole Responsible' to take care of each of His creation. Then how come that innocents were killed in the most distressing manner in THE MERCIFUL'S Dominion?

and he translated the verse 8:25,
"And guard yourselves against a chastisement which cannot fall exclusively (khassah) on those of you who are wrong-doers, and know that God is severe in punishment."

The term 'lla tusweebanna' is mistranslated. The same did by many translators. Note that here 'lla' is used, usually for getting the opposite meaning 'laa' is using in Arabic.
I request you all to find the true meaning of this term.

The verse literally means,
"And fear (and avoid a) test/torture (that) strikes/hits especially/specifically those who caused injustice/oppression from you, and know that God (is) strong (severe in) the punishment." (M.Ahmed)
"Do your duty lest dissension strike those of you especially who do wrong. Know that God is Severe in punishment." (T.B.Irving)

So from the Qur'an it is understood that may all will undergo through various trials, but the severity of the trials will depends on one's past deeds.

"Who created the death/lifelessness and the life to test you which of you (is) better (in) deeds, and He is the glorious/mighty, the forgiving.' (67:2)

"And We will test you until We know the struggling/defending (for the faith) from you, and the patient, and We test/justify your news/information/knowledge." (47:31)

"And what struck/hit you from a disaster so (it is) because (of) what your hands gathered/acquired, and He forgives/pardons on much." (42:30)

"And if We made the people taste/experience mercy, they became happy/delighted with it, and if a sin/crime (harm) hits/strikes them because (of) what their hands advanced/introduced, then they, they despair." (30:36)

"The corruption/disorder appeared/became visible in the shore/land and sea/ocean because (of) what the people's hands earned/gained/acquired to make them taste/experience some/part of what they made/did, maybe/perhaps they return." (30:41)

"...so if they turned away, so know that what Allah wants that (He) strikes/hits them with some/part (of) their crimes, and indeed many of the people (are) debauchers." (5:49)

"What struck you from a goodness, so (it is) from at Allah, and what struck you from a sin/crime (harm) so (it is) from your self, and We sent you to the people, (as) a messenger and enough with Allah, (as) a witness/present." (4:79)

Many of us may have the experiences of suffering of our beloved ones with extreme pain/ difficulty, but one thing we should know that whether it is mother/father/spouse/children or friend, we can't judge any individual-who they are inside actually, as Allah knows them. We are knowing them only through their outer expressions which they show to us, we are having no way to know individual's inside. Some will be truthful and some will never be.

Qur'an gives an example of the Prophet Nooh and his son, (11:45-46)
45. "And Noah called/cried (to) his Lord so he said: "My Lord, that my son (is) from my family, and that your promise (is) the truth, and you are most judicious (of) the judges/rulers."
46. "He said: "You Noah, that he is not from your family/relation/people. That his deed is not correct/righteous, so do not question/ask Me, what is not with knowledge to you with it (you have no knowledge of), that I advise you that you be from the lowly/ignorant."

Here it is clear that the Prophet Noah was not having the knowledge of something about his son (which leads his son to destruction).

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 12:10:20 PM »
Dear All,
Assalaamu 'alaikum

We should think in this way also,

Given the example of the Prophet Moses when he met a knowledgeable slave of Allah, and he killed a boy then Prophet Moses questioned him.

"So they left/set out until when they met/found a servant/boy, so he killed him. He (Moses) said: "Did you kill a pure self without a self? You had come (with) an awful/obscene thing." (18:74)

Later he clarified the reason to Prophet Moses,

"And as for the boy/servant, so his parents were believing, so we feared that he burdens/oppresses them (with) tyranny/arrogance and disbelief." (18:80)

Here the boy was killed because, in future he might be turning against Allah.

And, I want to inform you that I found the term 'lla' (mentioned in previous reply) in two more verses where it is used in opposite sense (4:114 and 56:79). I don't know whether this term means 'no' or 'do'. It may be used for emphasis.
and Allah knows best.

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 10:56:44 AM »
Qur'an (24:61)
Blame/hardship/restriction (is) not on the blind, and nor on the lame/limper (from) blame/hardship/restriction, and nor on the sick/diseased (from) blame/hardship/restriction, and nor on yourselves that you eat from your houses/homes, or your fathers'/forefathers' houses/homes, or your mothers' houses/homes, or your brothers' houses/homes, or your sisters' houses/homes, or your paternal uncles' houses/homes, or your paternal aunts' houses/homes, or your maternal uncles' houses/homes, or your maternal aunts' houses/homes, or what you owned/possessed its keys, or your friend, an offense/guilt/sin (is) not on you that you eat all together or separately, so if you entered houses/homes, so greet on yourselves a greeting from at Allah, blessed, pure; as/like that Allah clarifies/shows/explains to you the verses/evidences, maybe you reason/comprehend.

Why Qur'an seperately mentioned the above three category from the believers ?
Also note that, the above three category didn't come in particular where the recipients of Zakat and Swadaqa mentioned in the Qur'an.
I expect opinions from brother Joseph and all of you,

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 11:39:29 AM »
Also consider the verse (4:43),

You, you those who believed, do not approach the Prayer and you are intoxicated, until you know what you are saying, and nor distant (from God)/ nor impure, except crossing a road/way, until you wash yourselves, and if you were sick/diseased or on a long distance travel, or any of you came from the privy or you touched and felt the women, so you did not find water, so wipe your hands and face with dust, pure/good dust, so wipe with your faces and your hands, that Allah is often forgiving/pardoning, forgiving.

Offline ilker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 09:23:27 PM »
Salamun alaykum folks

Dear mohammad if you haven't watched it already i suggest that you watch this beautiful video which could also be a good answer to your question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifllgTA2pmY

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 05:59:49 AM »
Wa'alaikum salam,

Thank you dear brother ilker, for sharing the video. This is the first time I came to know about Jeffrey Lang and his works. The video was really good and informative. Still, regarding the topic I did not find a complete answer. Thanks anyway !

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 01:22:40 AM »
The video was really good and informative.
Sorry, I can't say it is 'really good'. At certain points it is not.

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 12:44:23 AM »
To compare with 8:25,
[Al Qur’an 6:47] Say: "Have you seen, if Allah's torture came to you suddenly or publicly/loudly, will any be destroyed except the nation the unjust/oppressors?"

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 04:43:18 AM »
Salaam brother Mohammed
I read your very lengthy post. I didn't fully understand your intention. Are you saying to be free of sickness and trial we have to be free of sin? Or are you saying trials are  combination of purification of sin and trial/test of one's belief?   I am sorry that I didn't understand the point you are trying to make.

Jzk and Salaam

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 04:05:59 PM »
Yes, my intention covers both the opinions of yours + I believe that the severity of trials are depends on one’s past deeds.

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2017, 08:04:20 AM »
Salaam
I would agree slightly that sins can be correlated with purification but these variables that Allah the Almighty uses are not for us to assume because we do know that prophets were tested quite thoroughly as an example ayoob, jonah even moses and Joseph.
Even good people are tested but that could have nothing to do with deeds and purification of deeds either by punishment or wiping away bad deeds by Allah the Almighty  in return for our good deeds is difficult to differentiate from the testing of ones metel.
However, I feel trials can be lessened by God if when it gets unbearable and we cry out for mercy whilst punishment /purification has to run its course as Allah the Almighty is perfect and so is his punishment.

Jzk and Salaam

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 07:27:50 PM »
...we do know that prophets were tested quite thoroughly as an example ayoob, jonah even moses and Joseph.
Even good people are tested but

Salaam miracle114 and All

[Al Qur’an 16:61] “And if Allah punishes/takes the people because of their injustice/oppression, He would not have left on it from an animal/creature, and but He delays them to a named/identified term/time, so if their term/time came, they do not delay/lag behind an hour, and they do not advance/precede”.

[Al Qur’an 35:45] “And if Allah punishes/takes the people because of what they earned/acquired/won, He would not have left on its back/surface/top from an animal/creature, and but He delays them to a named/identified term/time, so if their term/time came, so then Allah was/is with His worshippers/slaves seeing/knowing/understanding”.

So no man is without sin (covers Prophets, Messengers and Righteous).