Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Islamic Slaughtering and 'Halal meat'

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
Islamic Slaughtering and 'Halal meat'
« on: July 17, 2017, 01:35:22 AM »
Dear All,
Assalaamu 'alaikum

In all the places where the slaughtering of animals are mentioned in the Qur'an, the root dh-k-r is used (as I observed), and which basically means remembrance/ bear in mind. The word used for the Swalah in Qur'an also having the same root (e.g. 20:14).
In many translations/ articles it is said mention /utter /pronounce the name of Allah before slaughtering. But I doubt that Is simple mentioning or pronouncement or utterance enough during slaughtering?, while one can mention/ pronounce words even without the involvement of mind. Is it the proper way of Islamic slaughtering ?
Also, the term 'Halal meat' is wide spread nowadays and the product is available in different brand names, but when the criterion followed by majority to make the meat halal is just pronouncing/mentioning the name of Allah, How can we accept such products?
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Islamic Slaughtering and 'Halal meat'
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 08:26:00 AM »
As Allah's order nobody is authorized take out any life without permission of creater Allah therefore human have to pronous Allah,s nam
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 07:12:07 PM »
Assalaamu 'alaikum,

In Arabic language, for 'saying/ pronouncing' different words are used. But by using the root dh-k-r (118,119,121) Qur'an stresses the involvement of mind.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 07:16:45 PM »
Also, if the gelatin (an animal protein extracted from animal hides, bones, and tissue) from such sources is used for food preparation (marshmallows, jams, jellies, yogurts, ice creams, cakes etc.) will it be lawful ?

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 06:20:11 AM »
Assalaamu 'alaikum,

In Arabic language, for 'saying/ pronouncing' different words are used. But by using the root dh-k-r (118,119,121) Qur'an stresses the involvement of mind.
Surah No. 6, (Verses 118, 119 &121)