Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Verse 19:71 and 72

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
Verse 19:71 and 72
« on: November 15, 2017, 11:24:58 PM »
Salaam
Could someone please explain Maryam 71 and 72?
Will everyone be put in hell, over hell or just brought near hell but then the ones who fear Allah only will be saved?
This verse is a bit of a mind bender .

Salaam and kind regards

Offline Duster

• View Profile
Re: Verse 19:71 and 72
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 06:33:06 AM »
Shalom / peace...

Br Joseph discusses the verses in some detail below to negate a popular traditional belief..... you might find it relevant....>>

http://quransmessage.com/articles/sirat%20FM3.htm

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 04:13:09 PM »
Jzk and peace dear brother

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 06:56:22 PM »
Salaam
I read Joseph Islam's link and it makes really good sense . It's hard to imagine or logically does not compute to me when Allah the Almighty says a few times those that are Janna bound need not fear , yet out of the blue suddenly has a really ambiguous verse (interpreted ambiguously by traditionalists) that says everyone will experience some discomfort or maybe pain in or near hell before being sent to Janna.
I do recall hearing somewhere not sure Quran verse or secondary source that if everyone were to be judged on deeds alone everyone would wind up in hell ahnd I would appreciate if this is a quranic verse then would someone please share it ?

ALLAH the Almighty knows best

Peace and kind regards

Offline ilker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 06:46:06 AM »
Salaam
I read Joseph Islam's link and it makes really good sense . It's hard to imagine or logically does not compute to me when Allah the Almighty says a few times those that are Janna bound need not fear , yet out of the blue suddenly has a really ambiguous verse (interpreted ambiguously by traditionalists) that says everyone will experience some discomfort or maybe pain in or near hell before being sent to Janna.
I do recall hearing somewhere not sure Quran verse or secondary source that if everyone were to be judged on deeds alone everyone would wind up in hell ahnd I would appreciate if this is a quranic verse then would someone please share it ?

ALLAH the Almighty knows best

Peace and kind regards

Salamun alaykum miracle114,

Is this the ayah you were referring to ? :

"And if Allah were to punish men for that which they earned, He would not leave a moving (living) creature on the surface of the earth, but He gives them respite to an appointed term, and when their term comes, then verily, Allah is Ever AllSeer of His slaves." (35:45)

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 10:34:00 PM »
Yes Jzk  :D
That's the exact verse. I don't know if I have interpreted it wring or had a pre conceived notion about it sorry.

Offline Athman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 05:48:31 PM »
Dear miracle114,

As salaam Aleikum,

This refers to the verse you are concerned of, as quoted below:

"And if Allah were to punish men for that which they earned, He would not leave a moving (living) creature on the surface of the earth, but He gives them respite to an appointed term, and when their term comes, then verily, Allah is Ever All-Seer of His slaves." (35:45)

Also,

“And if Allah were to impose blame on the people for their wrongdoing, He would not have left upon the earth any creature, but He defers them for a specified term. And when their term has come, they will not remain behind an hour, nor will they precede [it].” (16:61)

In my humble view, with the verse in question above, it can be clearly followed from the previous verses to 35:45, shortly as from 35:40, how the “shurakaa” (partners ascribed to God) of the addressees of the discourse are depicted as inferior and helpless from the various rhetorical impossibilities advanced through the verses.

The audience is also reminded of how the former people (“awwaliin”) who transgressed were treated and that with God, His ways never change, “in that respect”. It is then suggested that they may travel through the land to observe how the ends of those former people had been.

At this point is when verse 35:45 is presented which would arguably be suggestive of the idea that if the like of what had been imposed on previous generations on account of their transgressions would be applied on every creature during their “lifetime,” none would have escaped the ultimate “punishment/blame” as it can be arguably admitted that we all “transgress some bounds” to some considerable level at least.

However, with Allah’s mercy, that is deferred for a specific term. Mostly inferable from that is the idea that we are always on a continuous cycle of transformations and this provides room for finding the truth, staying introspective for gradual change, repentance, etc. However, when the time finally comes, it is never delayed an hour nor surpassed!

The appointed term lapse referred to in the verse could be another topic of discussion as to whether in future “but still during the victim’s lifetime” or in the afterlife “after Judgement.”

Regards,

Athman.

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 12:49:15 PM »
Asalamu 3alykum

Masha'Allah brother Athman that was very insightful. Thank you

Jazak Allah and welcome to the forum

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 10:19:52 PM »
Salaam Athman
Jzk for the brilliant reply which has actually cleared the air on my notion that there was a verse in the quran that drew a parallel with the traditionalist view that no one is fit for Janna by their deeds alone which if we were to be judged by alone,  without Allah the Almighty's mercy we would all wind up in hell.

I am unsure if such a verse supports this traditional view.

Peace and regards brother

Offline Athman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 01:10:08 AM »
Salaam Br. miracle114,

As a matter of fact we hope that Allah's mercy shall be granted to those "Whom He Wills" to, for them to enter heaven/Jannah.

For instance, those of 7:49. We have to however have in mind that Allah is both Merciful (1:1, 1:3) and Just (16:90, 5:8, 4:135) and thus understand His "repentance approval" (4:17-18) and mercy (3:74) in the widest context of His justice (99:7-8).

As you may sincerely admit, we wouldn't expect God's mercy to be random or arbitrary but in His Omniscient and Omnipotent Will. "Faith" and "manifest good works" have to be together. While in these, enjoining others to justice and perseverance. (103:3) Thus, "deeds alone" may not necessarily render one have Allah's mercy yes but it can also be argued that "at no time" can manifest deeds of somebody be taken to be "only" their claimed "righteousness," after all faith is at "heart/innate faculty."

God chooses among His servants whom He wills, to guide, and, leaves astray, whom He wills. This is in His Omniscience and Omnipotence (35:8).

We would also expect Him to have "mercy" on whom He wills for them to attain the state of felicity/bliss and condemn to Hell whom He wills, to their proportionate merit, again out of His Omniscience and Omnipotence. Ultimately, this can never be arbitrary of course.

I hope the following additional references could also shed some light into that issue, God willing:

2:218, 4:175, 6:54, 6:147, 7:72, 39:53

I trust that helps in some way. And God knows best.

Regards,

Athman.

Offline Athman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 01:43:52 AM »
"...God chooses among His servants whom He wills, to guide, and, leaves astray, whom He wills. This is in His Omniscience and Omnipotence (35:8)."

"Then is one to whom the evil of his deed has been made attractive so he considers it good [like one rightly guided]? For indeed, Allah sends astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills. So do not let yourself perish over them in regret. Indeed, Allah is Knowing of what they do." (Qur'an, Al-Fatir Chapter 35, verse "eight")

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 11:20:39 PM »
jzk Athman

I was wondering since you have a good grasp with the Quran Subhaan Allah , would you to hand verses some of the best verses that Glorify and Praise Allah the Almighty and could you share them please ?

jzk and Kind regards

Offline Athman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 10:24:55 PM »
Dear Br. miracle114,

As salaam Alaikum,

Apologies for my late response to your comment and request. I’m not sure if I clearly grasp the focus of your sentiment. 

I think (if I’m not wrong) that you are suggesting if I could reference some Qur’anic verses in which Allah is “glorified” and “praised.”

In my humble opinion, many references can quickly be made with just a moment perusal over almost even any two to three folio of the Qur’anic text. For instance, whole of chapter 112 and the commonest 2:255, also 19:35.

The following may also help Insha Allah (in the form of prayers):
37:180-182,7:23,60:4,21:83,21:87,12:101,2:128,59:10

For prayer purposes, I trust that reference to the following supplications would also prove helpful Insha Allah: 28:24,7:89,18:10,23:97-98,29:30,26:83-89,2:250,66:11,20:25-28

On the other hand, quite succinctly, Br. Joseph has also covered this topic on “prayers” from the Qur’an, as regards both direct and indirect glorification and praising of God, as captured in the following article(s)/thread(s).

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=485.0

http://quransmessage.com/articles/quranic%20prayers%20FM3.htm

Hopefully that helps God willing.

Regards,

Athman.

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 07:44:27 AM »
Jzk brother Athman. Very very truly appreciated.
Peace and kind regards.