Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How Many Deaths?

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
How Many Deaths?
« on: January 14, 2012, 12:19:24 AM »
Dear brother Joseph Islam

As I read these verses i am confused. Is my death in this world the first death or the second? How would you explain these verses?

YUSUFALI: They will say: "Our Lord! twice hast Thou made us without life, and twice hast Thou given us Life! Now have we recognised our sins: Is there any way out (of this)?"
PICKTHAL: They say: Our Lord! Twice hast Thou made us die, and twice hast Thou made us live. Now we confess our sins. Is there any way to go out?
SHAKIR: They shall say: Our Lord! twice didst Thou make us subject to death, and twice hast Thou given us life, so we do confess our faults; is there then a way to get out?

YUSUFALI: It is He Who gave you life, will cause you to die, and will again give you life: Truly man is a most ungrateful creature!
PICKTHAL: And He it is Who gave you life, then He will cause you to die, and then will give you life (again). Lo! man is verily an ingrate.
SHAKIR: And He it is Who has brought you to life, then He will cause you to die, then bring you to life (again); most surely man is ungrateful.

SHAKIR: How do you deny Allah and you were dead and He gave you life? Again He will cause you to die and again bring you to life, then you shall be brought back to Him.

YUSUFALI: Nor will they there taste Death, except the first death; and He will preserve them from the Penalty of the Blazing Fire,-
PICKTHAL: They taste not death therein, save the first death. And He hath saved them from the doom of hell,
SHAKIR: They shall not taste therein death except the first death, and He will save them from the punishment of the hell.

Thanks

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: How Many Deaths?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 12:20:54 AM »
Salamun Alaikum brother,

Please see my response to a similar question on the QM Forum. I trust this will assist in addressing your query InshAllah.

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=116.msg301;topicseen#msg301

Please let me know if you require any further clarification on this.

Your brother in faith,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell