Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How i learned to pray from the Quran..

Offline w3bcrowf3r

• I read Quran, Gospel, Psalms, Torah etc.
    • View Profile
Re: How i learned to pray from the Quran..
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 05:37:31 AM »
I don't compare 'learning Arabic' with 'knowing the so called science of the ahadith doctrines'.

All i am saying is, if you want to know the details of the Quran correctly, then learn Arabic. Reading the Quran on your own in the original form can't be compared with reading any kind of translation.
But you don't need to know Arabic if you want to be saved. I read the Quran, the Gospel, Psalms, the Torah etc. and the Message is and should always be 'love God, love your neighbor, love others as you love yourself'. You don't need to read a Book for that. Everyone already knows that already since it's in our DNA.

Anyways, i think the Quran talks about 3 prayers a day. So do other Scriptures. So for me it's a conclusion i base on the Books. But you are referring to these theories of someone else while the article he wrote isn't even telling in which verses these 5 daily prayers are being spoken of. He is even saying that it could be 3 as well... Do your own research. Don't follow others. You will be responsible for your own actions. So you can't blame others in the end.
Repent, the Kingdom of God is at hand!

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 07:16:57 AM »
I am thinking for myself... I find the arguments I shared in the article ...  convinced me ... In the end ... I also find it comforting that I can err on the side of caution as they say... I'd rather think there are 5 based on evidence ....and then to find out there are 3 .... the remaining can be then taken as extra prayers .. can't see any harm in reading extra prayers for Allah  ... .RATHER than thinking there are 3 and there on the DAY of Judgement finding out there were actually 5 prayers... to then realise that I was missing prayers ... .

Just my take ... each to their own ...

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 07:41:12 AM »
peace,

11:114 talks about two prayers in the day and one when the night approaches. And 24:58 talks about three instances as well.

Before trying to understand the verse, ensure one has an accurate translation first.

11:114 states "...uphold the salat (at) two edges of the daytime and proximal/adjacent parts of/from the night..."

red = zulafan, Arabic plural, i.e. 3 or more

blue = min, partitive, i.e. parts in the night

Don't worry, you're not the first to make this error.

The article isn't very specific. I think he doesn't know the answer.

Please see from this post onwards for past discussion:
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=477.msg5032#msg5032

Same goes for anyone who thinks its 3 or 5 salat daily. The 5 daily view is riddled with errors/assumptions, 3 daily less so, but neither as sound as a minimum of two daily, for the mumineen of course.

Offline w3bcrowf3r

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 05:39:03 AM »
I am thinking for myself... I find the arguments I shared in the article ...  convinced me ... In the end ... I also find it comforting that I can err on the side of caution as they say... I'd rather think there are 5 based on evidence ....and then to find out there are 3 .... the remaining can be then taken as extra prayers .. can't see any harm in reading extra prayers for Allah  ... .RATHER than thinking there are 3 and there on the DAY of Judgement finding out there were actually 5 prayers... to then realise that I was missing prayers ... .

Just my take ... each to their own ...

Don't worry. We will be missing a lot more then just prayers on the day of Judgement. God is merciful.

I think it's important to learn from the Quran instead from others. That doesn't mean that we can't learn from others. Everything is in the Quran. We should try as much as possible to figure it out ourselves first. We should absolutely avoid copy and pasting doctrines of others blindly, without even trying to do our homework and analyses of the Quran.

In the end. We will probably miss some things, or for others, they may miss a lot of things. Does it matter? What matters is your good heart. Did you try your best. Nobody can buy paradise with hes deeds. We will always rely on God's mercy in the end.

Have a good day.

Offline w3bcrowf3r

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 05:48:43 AM »
peace,

11:114 talks about two prayers in the day and one when the night approaches. And 24:58 talks about three instances as well.

Before trying to understand the verse, ensure one has an accurate translation first.

11:114 states "...uphold the salat (at) two edges of the daytime and proximal/adjacent parts of/from the night..."

red = zulafan, Arabic plural, i.e. 3 or more

blue = min, partitive, i.e. parts in the night

Don't worry, you're not the first to make this error.

The article isn't very specific. I think he doesn't know the answer.

Please see from this post onwards for past discussion:
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=477.msg5032#msg5032

Same goes for anyone who thinks its 3 or 5 salat daily. The 5 daily view is riddled with errors/assumptions, 3 daily less so, but neither as sound as a minimum of two daily, for the mumineen of course.

I think 11:114 is talking about parts of the day and not the edges. And about the night prayer, i think there is the standard one, from sunset to darkness. And if you want to pray more in the night, you can pray longer. There are multiple verses about this.

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2019, 05:18:49 PM »

I think 11:114 is talking about parts of the day and not the edges. And about the night prayer, i think there is the standard one, from sunset to darkness. And if you want to pray more in the night, you can pray longer. There are multiple verses about this.

Previously you enquired about knowledge of Arabic. One wonders what the point of having knowledge of Arabic is if one is ultimately going to disregard the Arabic.

Each to their own.

Offline w3bcrowf3r

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 02:29:50 AM »

Previously you enquired about knowledge of Arabic. One wonders what the point of having knowledge of Arabic is if one is ultimately going to disregard the Arabic.

Each to their own.

There were who saw Muhammad with their own eyes and knew Arabic who didn't grasp the Quran. If you want to pray 5 times, then that's between you and God, i pray 3 times. If we both believe we learned it from the Quran and nothing but the Quran, then may God accept it from us. We already know that we fall short at the moment, and that we should rely on the grace of God. Anyways, may your prayers be blessed and fruitful.