Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Prophet Jesus- Peace be upon him

Offline Visionary

• View Profile
Prophet Jesus- Peace be upon him
« on: February 03, 2012, 06:28:01 AM »
Salaam,

I have always been intrigued with regards to Jesus' crucifixion and I'm not too sure why. I have read the article and found it very interesting, however, I would like to know what your thoughts are regarding this. What was the point of this whole episode? Why did he suffer so much? Why would he not have been crucified according to common Islamic thought? What does common islamic viewpoint seek to prove by stating he was not crucified and was 'swapped' by someone else?

I have always thought that actual crucifixion would make more sense as it simply proves he was NOT God, as it would not be fitting for God to 'kill' himself.

This would appear to be of high importance as this is a point where Christians tend to be confused (as well as Muslims!).

Your views please.

Offline Peaceful

• Choose the truth, even if it sounds bitter!
    • View Profile
Re: Prophet Jesus- Peace be upon him
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 11:32:32 AM »
Bump^^^
Jesus' suffering was not a divine plan of "atonement" by God. It was just an event that the Christians blew out of proportion.

In Roman-Judea many people were crucified for a variety of crimes. In the gospels he claimed divinity in front of rabbi's in John 8:58 by saying "before Abraham was born, I am." That was the final straw for the rabbi's, who ultimately got him crucified. However, from a Muslim perspective, Jesus never claimed divinity. We do believe that he is the Messiah, and because he claimed that role the Jews wanted him killed. They considered him a liar/witch when he claimed the wisdom of the Injil and preached it. He probably also renounced the Sanhedrin/Talmudic Laws which the Temple forced on citizens. So there are many reasons WHY this episode occurred.

He didn't really suffer(asides from crucifixion) so much. In fact he survived and lived long, by God's grace. Ayub was plagued all his life and Abraham was almost burnt alive. So it's not about who suffers the most.

Christians are not confused on this issue. They believe he died on the cross for the sins of all mankind. So it does support their claims if he died that way. They say that no man can do enough good to please an infinite God, and the death of his son was enough for paradise. :'(