Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Seeking Solace

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Seeking Solace
« on: March 29, 2012, 12:25:47 PM »
Dear Brother Joseph, Peace to you.

I want to ask you a question that I cannot seem to find the answer to. Is there a prescribed way that we should look at Duniya?

I have a difficult time looking at this world around me and seeing any enjoyment. I see evil things happening to people, horrible treatment to animals, etc., and just have a hard time seeing any happiness in the world around me. It is heartbreaking to me to see so many people caught up in shaitan's playground. Pursuing worldly goods and worldly happiness.

I am thankful for all that Allah subhana watala has given me. I am thankful that I have prayer and The Holy Quran for my comfort. I pray earnestly that Allah subhana watala will let me enter Jannah and spare me from hellfire.

But I do not wake up everyday with joy in my heart. I wish for the day that I wake up and and this worldly test is over, although there is that fear and wish that I desperately wish I have made it Jannah, God willing.

I have faced difficult times since my childhood, but it has always been shown to me a way to worship Allah subhana watala, even in the most difficult of times, and I am so deeply thankful to Allah subhana watala for providing me that.

I have been given so many things in life for my comfort, I have been given the opportunity to travel the world, I have many comforts in life that I can look around me and be so very thankful to Allah subhana watala that He has given. I can eat everyday, I can have air conditioner in my home, I have water to drink and to cleanse everyday. I have a home and a vehicle, I have eyes that I can look into the sky and see the beautiful creation, I can see the beautiful creation in mountains, trees, birds flying in the sky, bumblebees around beautiful flowers. 

I am so very thankful for these things, as I know, not everyone has these things, but I just have no joy outside of the things I am thankful for.

So I ask you, am I wrong to have no taste for this world? Does this hinder me on my path?

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Seeking Solace
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 12:29:46 PM »
Salamun Alaikum sister,

There are many horrible things we will see and our trials are part and parcel of our very existence and purpose here on this transitory plane. We are indeed told to be patient. However, please allow me to address your question by sharing the following with you. You may have read this before, but reading it again may help in some small way. It also captures a lot of the sentiments of the Quran and in the main, all scriptures  :)

The particular bolds are my emphasis for you in particular.

"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let not this blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy"

- Max Ehrmann, 1927

I hope that helps, God willing,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell