Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What is 'Bud'na' and Does Allah's Name Have to Be Pronounced?

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
Asalaam aleikum,

I recently found your website while arguing with a muslim fellow who is convinced and that the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is a descendant of Ishmail (pbuh). My next question has nothing to do with what i mention above. I would like to know if we need to slaughter an animal facing the qibla direction?. Is the word Bud'na your using in your article covers chicken? If not do we have to pronounce the name of god before slaughtering or can we just remain silent?

I also wanted to let you know that I admire your work.

Thankin you in advance,

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: What is 'Bud'na' and Does Allah's Name Have to Be Pronounced?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:20:08 AM »
Salamun Alaikum.

JazakAllah Khair for your comments. In response to your specific questions:

(1) There is nothing in the Quran about facing animals in a particular direction before sacrifice.

(2) 'Bud'na' is plural of 'badanah' and comes from 'badan' which means body without arms legs or a cow, goat, bull, camel or ANY animals of sacrifice / slaughter

(3) The name of God must be pronounced on all animals before slaughter. If you remain silent, then the Quranic lawful method of slaughter is not fulfilled.

SLAUGHTERING OF ANIMALS - THE CORRECT METHOD OF SACRIFICE
http://quransmessage.com/articles/slaughtering%20of%20animals%20-%20the%20correct%20method%20of%20sacrifice%20FM3.htm

I hope that helps, God willing.
Regards,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell