Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Did Scholars and Compilers of the Past Make Up Stories Themselves?

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
Sallam brother Joseph

Hope. All is well.

I was just thinking,about Bukhari and all the nonsense he brought. What I am interested to know if you can help, is why did HE and some of the others feel they had the need to create these books and stories?

As we know these story tellers came some 200 plus years after the prophet, we're people,ie the Muslims of the time,already in 'chaos' ,had people already lost their way and started going astray and in that case before the hahiths came about? Surely, the Muslims of that time would have spoken the exact language of the Quran and not had any difficulty understanding the Quran, ie salat, zakat, hajj,shahada etc . Thinking about it,I am baffled why people seemed so lost to have come up with these stories,UnLess Bukhari and co, made up most of it by themselves??

Hope you can help as this is something that really intrigues me,

Peace

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Did Scholars and Compilers of the Past Make Up Stories Themselves?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 12:09:19 AM »
Salamun Alaikum,

Sadly, it has become a quintessential approach amongst some that claim a Quran-centric approach to at times overtly criticise, and at worse, curse ancient scholars, historians and compilers for the works that have been transmitted in their names. In some cases, criminality is associated to their intentions as well as the charge of deliberate obfuscation.

Such a judgmental criticism towards anyone's intentions is not only against the spirit of Islam but also shows a complete lack of erudite study of the material that is often criticised.

Please see my article below which should, God willing, address the gist of your general sentiments in your questions.

UNWARRANTED PREJUDICE AGAINST PAST SCHOLARS, COMPILERS AND HISTORIANS
http://quransmessage.com/articles/unwarranted%20prejudice%20FM3.htm

Regards,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell