Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Does the Quran say that the Bible is Corrupted?

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
Does the Quran say that the Bible is Corrupted?
« on: October 04, 2012, 03:10:57 PM »
Sallam Joseph

We often hear or make claims, myself included.....that the Bible 'has been corrupted'.

Does the Quran make these claims?

I know that the Quran tells us that Jews and Christians should follow their books? Is this correct?

When it tells the above, does it mean the 66 books making up the bible or the gospels?

Sallam

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Does the Quran say that the Bible is Corrupted?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 03:24:05 PM »
Salamun Alaikum,

The Quran does not make such claims and in fact confirmed the credibility of the Biblical scriptures that were being read at the time of the Prophet. This is confirmed by verses such as the one below.

But why do they come to you for decision, when they have (their own) Torah before them?  therein is the (plain) command of God; yet even after that, they would turn away. For they are not People of Faith.

"Say: "Then bring a Book from God, which is a better guide than either of them (Torah and the Quran), that I may follow it! (do), if ye are truthful!""

"Let the people of the Gospel judge by what God has revealed in it. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what God has revealed, they are those who rebel (Arabic: Fasiquna)."

We know today what was being read centuries before Islam came to Arabia for we have complete Biblical scriptures even from the mid 4th century. This includes both the Old and New Testaments.

Please see a related post below which elaborates and my article link contained therein which may prove helpful, God willing.

LAMBASTING THE BIBLE
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=146.0

Regards,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell