Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Why is 'Shirk' an Unforgivable Sin? - Please Help Me

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
Why is 'Shirk' an Unforgivable Sin? - Please Help Me
« on: October 11, 2012, 09:14:25 AM »
Dear Joseph

Why does the Creator insist upon shirk as the only unforgivable offence, if maintained till death? Surely He is God almighty, the most powerful, far above the typical human egoistic attitudes. But this sounds like any man in power trying to prove his authority. If he plans judging the individual's performances fairly, he should not mind somebody thinking otherwise while he or she does correct things in this world.

WHY IS NOT RIGHTEOUSNESS THE ONLY WAY OF SALVATION OR GOING TO HEAVEN?

I know ALLAH knows best and HE is the best planner. His plan is beyond our full-understanding and comprehension and there is always an underlying wisdom.

rabbi zidni ilma.

From Anonymous

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Why is 'Shirk' an Unforgivable Sin? - Please Help Me
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 09:55:40 AM »
Dear Anonymous,

Peace to you.

In my humble opinion, once we understand what constitutes 'shirk' from a Quranic perspective, and how it can become the root of all evil, disequilibrium, corruption in the land and spiritual loss, only then can the magnitude of its Quranic abhorrence be better appreciated. The Quranic understanding of shirk is deep and not restricted to 'worshipping idols' as commonly and restrictively understood.

004:048
"Indeed, God does not forgive that partners be associated with him but He forgives other than that for whom He wills. And whoever associated partners with God, then surely he has invented a tremendous sin"

004:116
"Indeed, God does not forgive that partners be associated with him but He forgives other than that for whom He wills. And whoever associated partners with God, then surely he has lost the way, straying far away"

Please see my article below on the topic:

IDOLATRY ACCORDING TO THE QURAN
http://quransmessage.com/articles/idolatry%20according%20to%20the%20quran%20FM3.htm

I hope that helps, God willing
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell