Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: after giving birth waiting period?

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
after giving birth waiting period?
« on: October 15, 2013, 12:34:58 AM »
Salamun alikum

Is there any indication from the Quran on when a husband and wife can get back together after a women delivers a baby?

I heard its 40 days not sure if that's a Qurans perspective or ahadith

Thanks

Salam

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: after giving birth waiting period?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 11:24:38 AM »
Wa alaikum assalam

The exact days are not given by the Quran. However, it is well known that women bleed after giving birth (lochia) as their body readjusts.

Lochia discharge is typical for 4-6 weeks after childbirth.

It is not unquranic to take wisdom from verses that deal with general menstruation and apply it to such a situation after childbirth. 40 days is not an atypical period for discharge to disappear.

I hope that helps, God willing.
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 04:11:01 PM »
Thank you that did help.

Also from close relatives I hear also it takes women sometimes more than 40 days to recover or readjust.

I guess from women to women the days may very. some readjust before or after 40 days. The 40 day information that I heard might of came just from secondary islamic sources.

Taking wisdom from verses of the Quran like this one seems to help indeed

2:222
Yusuf Ali
They ask thee concerning women's courses. Say: They are a hurt and a pollution: So keep away from women in their courses, and do not approach them until they are clean. But when they have purified themselves, ye may approach them in any manner, time, or place ordained for you by Allah. For Allah loves those who turn to Him constantly and He loves those who keep themselves pure and clean.

Thanks brother

Peace

Offline optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 03:09:46 AM »
The meaning which was lost in all our divisions will not be understood until our perceptions become untainted -  Allama Iqbal

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 07:27:02 AM »
Bro Hamzeh has quoted relevant Aya of Quran. What do you want to tell by quoting Allama Iqbal. Please elaborate.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 06:29:25 PM »
Bro Hamzeh has quoted relevant Aya of Quran. What do you want to tell by quoting Allama Iqbal. Please elaborate.

Actually  you are reading from my signature :)

The meaning which was lost in all our divisions will not be understood until our perceptions become untainted -  Allama Iqbal