Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: THE QUR’AN AS IT EXPLAINS ITSELF, QXP, Fourth Edition

Offline afafaff

• View Profile
THE QUR’AN AS IT EXPLAINS ITSELF, QXP, Fourth Edition
« on: November 14, 2013, 08:06:17 PM »
Peace be upon you.

I found a very intresting book which contains very good explanations of the Quran verses. Please see this:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/63228510/QURAN
Published by: "Smple Trth" on Aug 26, 2011.
For other works: http://www.scribd.com/smplet.

Some intresting claims:
Satan = The straying Ego = Selfish desires = Emotions that overpower Permanent Moral Values.
16;98: "When you read the Qur’an, seek refuge in God against Satan, the rejected one. [One’s own straying thoughts as well may divert the attention]"
Wudhu (ablution) = Helps to prepare mentally for congregational prayer. Tayammum = Dry ablution. (as discussed in "The Real Purpose of Ablution" -- see the link.)
Angels = God's forces in nature.
Gabriel = Sacred Energy.
Jinn = The nomads.
"The entire story of Haaroot Maaroot was a fabricated rumor. Magic, amulets, ghoul, demon-possession, exorcism, witchcraft, evil eye, fortunetelling, astrology, palm reading, clairvoyance, knowledge of the future, Voodoo, are nothing but conjecture."
Read the entire story of creation of Adam (2:30-)! (Shocking!)

An excerpt from the book: "This is only a humble effort by a life-long student of the Qur’an, an ordinary servant of God. Of course, with human knowledge constantly evolving, our understanding of the Qur’an will keep improving with each generation. And the last word may not be said even by the last inhabitants of the planet. It is one of the eternal miracles of the Qur’an that every sincere person can derive knowledge, wisdom and guidance from the Glorious Book according to his or her intellectual capacity. Accept from us our labor, O Our Sustainer, Cherisher Lord!"

This books is big food for thought. This is something we should study and learn from. What do you think about this book?

Thank God for this book. Now, I'm looking forward to see people find more intresting stuff from that book and discuss them here in the forum. Let's end the religion and spread the truth. ;D

Regards,
Haji

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
Re: THE QUR’AN AS IT EXPLAINS ITSELF, QXP, Fourth Edition
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 12:27:56 AM »
Salaam Haji. The author Dr. Shabbir is in my view an extremely inconsistent, unreliable author. He even has a paragraph dedicated to him on wikipedia re: criticism against him! I have spent a long time reading on his forum and he seems to need constant ego massages and when he is challenged, he doesn't like it. That is - if he's protecting moderators let the question through in the first place! He also doesn't believe in ritual prayer and often gives conflicting perspectives on this.

Anyhow, brother Joseph has done an excellent piece on here. You can see for yourself. Saba  :) 8)

http://quransmessage.com/expose/dr-shabbir-razi%20FM3.htm

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 03:13:05 AM »
While rejecting the performance of daily five salath Dr Shabbir has now come up with a  new weapon that the Tawatur ( Continuity) in respect of Salath which in vogue right from the period of Mohammad SA till today while Allah has clearly asked muslims to perfom on precribed timings. He does not believe in Jinns being separate entity inspite  of Allah  mentioning "ANAS & JINNS" in Quran,His translation of Surah Naml is same as that of Ghulam Ahmed Perwaiz on which Allama Ghamidi has critisized long back.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline afafaff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 12:17:28 AM »
The authors try to be too scientific. But there could be intresting passages to ponder over. And I agree that we should not accept it without thinking critically.

Offline afafaff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »
Just want to note that there is now a fifth edition of the book:
http://drshabbir.com/pages/Free-Library.html

Check it out if you wish.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 12:13:49 AM »
Salam you need not draw our attention as we know very well about Dr Shabbir's writings but I wonder why he he is revising the QXP? Is any thing new in Quran ? This is commercial way of doing to attract people.

Offline afafaff

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 04:15:17 AM »
No I'm not trying to draw your attention, nor I'm trying to support him. I just wanted to finish this thread by pointing it out and it's always better to look at latest version. Thanks for your opinions. I didn't knew that you already had critisized him.
Revising of the book is intresting for me too and this is the fifth book, ca 10 years after the first edition. Sounds not so serious to me.

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 03:34:44 AM »
peace all,

QXP like all translations is imperfect. It is reasonable, however the main problem for the reader is that QXP is primarily an interpretation so almost nothing can be concluded based on reading it. One would have to actually verify it first.

Lastly, it is unfortunate but the ourbeacon forum seems to be restricted in terms of free speech, e.g. critical discussions.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 02:13:00 AM »
Salam All Bro Wakas says QXP is an interpretation not Translation which I do not understand as to what he means. Secondly why Dr Shabbir is "Revising" every now & then? Are any now things are coming? I don't understand the logic. He narrates different meanings of Verses.

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 09:38:20 PM »
salaam sardar,

All translations are an interpretation to some degree. However QXP is primarily an interpretation.

This means that Dr Shabbir inserts his understanding into the text more so than translations. And he does revise his understandings from time to time, which is natural.

Whenever reading Quran I always recommend adopting a sound approach AND utilising study tools/resources, e.g. see www.StudyQuran.org

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 10:41:32 AM »
Why it is natural? Does he get additional information ?His interpretation & interpolations are not needed.