Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Islamic Law of Inheritence

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Islamic Law of Inheritence
« on: March 23, 2014, 06:21:08 AM »
Salam All, I was wondering to know that as per Islamic law  the son of a diseased father can not  inherit any thing from his grandfathers property or wealth. Does an orphan boy is prevented from getting anything from his grandfathers property? Can somebody clarify me?  Thanks
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Islamic Law of Inheritence
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 07:40:31 AM »
Wa alaikum assalam brother Sardar,

From a Quran's perspective, I cannot see why a grandchild cannot inherit if the father has deceased.

If you see the inheritance chart that I have shared below, you will note I have shared "If no children, then grandchildren considered as part of descendants if present"

http://quransmessage.com/charts%20and%20illustrations/inheritance/inheritance%20FM2.htm

Also, the Quran allows individuals to cater for others with their wealth and expects that some may already have an existing will after which the Quran’s inheritance laws will apply.

I have discussed this in the following article:

http://quransmessage.com/articles/inheritance%20FM3.htm

I hope that helps, God willing
Joseph

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Islamic Law of Inheritence
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 01:58:33 AM »
Salam Bro JAI, Thanks for clarification. In one of the Islamic Web sites it is mentioned "As per Quran the grandson can not inherit his grandfather's property or wealth if the boy's father is not alive. The web site failed to quote any Ayaat to this effect. Thanks for detailed clarification.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light