Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Are Christians allowed to consume swine flesh ?

Offline Mehdi

• View Profile
Are Christians allowed to consume swine flesh ?
« on: March 06, 2015, 05:23:10 AM »
Assalamou alaykum,

A Christian Friend explained to me that Jesus allowed Chrsitians to consume any Flesh. He quoted the following Bible's verses :

Acts 10
10 And he became very hungry and would have eaten; but while they were making ready he fell into a trance,
11 and saw heaven opened and a certain vessel descending unto him as though it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners and let down to the earth,
12 wherein were all kinds of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts and creeping things and fowls of the air.
13 And there came a voice to him, “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”
14 But Peter said, “Not so, Lord, for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.”
15 And the voice spoke unto him again the second time, “What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.”
16 This was done thrice, and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

Timothy 4
3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused if it be received with thanksgiving;
5 for it is sanctified by the Word of God and prayer.

Can we say That these verses have been alterated by time and are not the real God's word ?

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Are Christians allowed to consume swine flesh ?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 06:29:55 AM »
Dear Mehdi,

Wa alaikum assalam

I know of no explicit narrative in any Gospel where Prophet Jesus explicitly overturned the Old Testament dietary observance of the abstinence of swine flesh and made it permissible for consumption.

Taking isolated narratives devoid of context, to overturn specific, explicit laws of the Old Testament which even Prophet Jesus himself arguably followed is not cogent.  Furthermore, cherry picking narratives and interpreting them with fantastic interpolations is a malady common to many denominations of many world faiths, not just Islam.

Even certain followers of the Christian faith recognise such a general malady. See below just one example.

Acts 10 proves I can eat Pork! Really? Lets look at the Scriptures...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuMVQ1lPwFM

If the verses you share are read in context holistically, one will note that there is no instruction to make swine meat permissible.

I hope that helps, God willing
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Mehdi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 11:30:54 PM »
Dear Joseph,

I have jumped to a conclusion too fast without any researches.

Thank you for your answer and the shared video. It was very instructive.

Mehdi.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 09:11:24 AM »
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/5yCy6Sit4zw

Please Chek the Video on uncleaneess of Pig as explained by a Jew
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 09:19:35 AM »
Here is another YouTube Video for infomernmation to one & allCheck out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/mDmNcGloewg

May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light