Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Did messengers get scripture or law?

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
Did messengers get scripture or law?
« on: July 17, 2015, 03:15:22 PM »
Dear Joseph Islam.
Salamun Alaikum

In the article titles `END OF PROPHETHOOD - CONTINUATION OF MESSENGERS?’  you said -

` from a Quran's perspective, it appears that a prophet of God is charged with greater tasks and is entrusted with delivering scripture or law. Furthermore, messengers are sent to confirm a message.

That means, as I understood, messengers did not get scripture or law.

But in the following verse it seems different. Is it?
`We have already sent our messengers with clear evidence and sent down with them the scripture and the balance that the people may maintain in justice.’ (57:25 part)

Did I miss anything?

Best wishes.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Did messengers get scripture or law?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 03:35:34 PM »
Dear Munir

Wa alaikum assalam

All prophets are also messengers. Please kindly read the next verse (57:26) which further clarifies that the 'messengers'that are being spoken about are 'Prophetic' messengers. For example, Prophets Noah and Abraham mentioned in the next verse (57:26) have been clearly mentioned as prophets in other verses (e.g. 6:83-89) as is Prophet Jesus in the next verse still (57:28). This very next verse (57:26) also sets the context in that it mentions establishing in their line prophethood and revelation. Again, the context is prophethood.

As a very humble and respected suggestion, I always encourage readers that it is always advisable to read verses in context and as a general theme rather than in isolation.

I hope that helps, God willing

Regards,
Joseph  :)

RELATED:

[1] END OF PROPHETHOOD - CONTINUATION OF MESSENGERS?
http://quransmessage.com/articles/end%20of%20prophethood%20FM3.htm
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
Re: Did messengers get scripture or law?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 01:24:07 AM »
Brother Joseph

Salam.

Thanks for your response.
If you don’t mind, I think it would be nice to add this explanation of verse 57:25 in your article titled `END OF PROPHETHOOD - CONTINUATION OF MESSENGERS?’  to avoid misunderstanding. (How dare I am to suggest you!! ) please don’t take it otherwise. If you don’t feel it is necessary then just leave it.

Sincerely pray for the excellence of your  here and hereafter.

Munir