Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Libas for Muslims

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Libas for Muslims
« on: July 22, 2015, 11:46:40 PM »
Clothing 7:26
يَا بَنِي آدَمَ قَدْ أَنزَلْنَا عَلَيْكُمْ لِبَاسًا يُوَارِي سَوْآتِكُمْ وَرِيشًا وَلِبَاسُ التَّقْوَىٰ ذَٰلِكَ خَيْرٌ ذَٰلِكَ مِنْ آيَاتِ اللَّهِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَذَّكَّرُونَ

O children of Adam! We have indeed sent down to you clothing to cover your shame, and (clothing) for beauty and clothing that guards (against evil), that is the best. This is of the communications of Allah that they may be mindful
---------------------------------
While addressing the Children of Adam( not Muslims alone) Allah asked to get clothing to cover shame that is best. Therefore Allah is not asking to wear Arab clothing. Most of the Muslims think that Arabian dress like Tope
Long Shirts, Red color Towels,
Head wear Pagdi or Shamla
are Islamic Dress but which is
not as the Arab Christians &
Jews also wear.In short all the
clothings of countries around the
world which fulfill the condition of covering
the Satar, that is from Waist to Knees for men & from neck to ankle for Women. I don't know about Middle East but in USA
the kids particularly Arabs wear
Shorts( Nicker) which though long enough down to knees but
when one sits it will goes above
knees which the people don't
bother. Strangely women wear
head wear but most of them don't cover their bossoms.
Women).
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Sleepysoul

• ?
    • View Profile
Re: Libas for Muslims
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 06:24:32 PM »
I have a question about this. Why do you think it's only compulsory for men to cover from "navel to the knees"? So a man can walk around shirtless? In front of women? That is not decency or modesty in my opinion.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 04:50:32 AM »
Allah has defined Satr for men & women as per which they have to wear clothing. Men have to hide from Waist to knees while women have to cover entire body from top to bottom including  down the Ankles. This is the code Libas clothing for Muslim men & women

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 02:05:45 AM »
Greetings brother Sardar.

You said in your last post,quote:
Allah has defined Satr for men & women as per which they have to wear clothing. Men have to hide from Waist to knees while women have to cover entire body from top to bottom including  down the Ankles. This is the code Libas clothing for Muslim men & women

Please state the verse/s where Allah has defined this code.
Thanks in advance.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 05:01:27 AM »
Satar is usually defined in Muslim Umma but I don't know if Quran has defined but as per Quran the women have to use to cover up their Bosom & not to reveal their bodies. For men they have to hide their waist to  their Knees. You may quote any Ayah?

Offline Sleepysoul

• ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 11:48:18 PM »
It does not say in the Qur'an that men only need to cover from waist to knees. As far as I know, that's stated in a hadith.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 12:15:01 AM »
" Satar "is the limit of covering one's the body of Men & Wemen but I do not know if Quran has mentioned or not but is sure that Hasdis narrations do mention the concept of "Satar" as per which the men had to cover waist to knees while female have to cover top to bottom exept feet & hands but
also cover their heads.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 12:26:11 AM »
Bros Quran also gave guideline for women dress to cover their bosoms by covering with extra clothing & hide their ornaments and also cover their heads.

Offline zara

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 01:48:12 AM »
Salaam Sardar,
Here is an article that I think might be helpful.
http://quransmessage.com/articles/hijaab%20FM3.htm

Offline Sleepysoul

• ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 08:30:43 PM »
No one is denying that women have to dress modestly. Also point out from the Qur'an where it says that headscarf is compulsory?
But why do you think men can walk around shirtless with half pants?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 01:52:42 AM »
Bro Healerofworlds Yes Quran does not say for head cover also dose say the go to Masjid in shirtless &
half paints. I also told the Sara is defined is Hadith narrations. Some say during our prophet times Men & women used to do Abulation mixed together as per Hadith. But Satar is mostly in Hadith

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 07:17:58 PM »
Salaam,

I think that everyone here has ascertained that 'satar' is derived from the ahadith.

Regarding men's requirements, I strongly feel that covering from the navel to the knee as a minimum and permitting a man to be essentially half naked is against  the Quran's guidance.

With women's covering, there is a strong direction to cover the hair, contrary to what others are saying here. There is reference to the khimar which was worn as a head covering.

Also there are clear instructions on how women appear in front of those who are not their 'mahram'. They are asked only to reveal their beauty to a certain group of men. If they don't  cover their hair in front of those men not in that group, then how can they fulfill those verses?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 11:36:24 PM »
What is the Quran's guidance for men ? The covering from waist( Naval) down to knee is formal dress
code is for men. Can you quote an ayah in Quran ?  For women Quran had given details of covering. But the covering should hide from neck to ankles for women but hair are also be coverd. The Hadith narrations are our guidance I think.

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 06:43:03 AM »
Salamu Alykum Truth Seeker

If we consult this verse below we can try to understand what is being told about the khimar.

“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their adornment (Arabic: Zeenatahunna) except what is apparent of it (ma zahara minha) ” that they should draw their headcovers (Arabic: Bi'khumurihinna) over their bosoms (Arabic: Jayubihin) and not to display their adornment (Arabic: Zeenatahunna) except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards God, that ye may attain Bliss"

I think you would agree that it would be logical to say that these women who God is speaking to through the Quran were wearing a khimar before the revelation had even come to them. Because God never told them to put a khimar. God told them to take what they already have on which is the khimar, which seems like it was acceptable and it did not contravene Gods guidance. There was no objection to it.

But what God wanted as a part of his guidance to women was to cover the chest and to make it clear that the chest is not what is apparent of the body that may displayed. So more importantly than the hair or the head was the covering of the women bosoms, ornaments, adornments, beauty. It could be possibly understood by what you already have over your heads the khimar take that and cover your bosoms. Although the head covering was not criticized neither explicitly commanded.

The men that were able to see her without the covering of an extra layer of cloth(khimar which should be more importantly covering the chest) are the ones listed in 24:31.

24:60 also suggest that younger women should be dressed with a layer of clothing that old women are excused from. which supports the covering of the zeena(adornments, ornaments, beauty)

I would say that if a women was to sit comfortably with normal home clothing which she may exercise what she feels she wants to do comfortably like read, watch tv, lay down, cook, study, eat, exercise etc in front of the men who are mentioned in 24:31 then she is excused from a extra outer piece of clothing that would cover her chest and other parts that may seem indecent to show to other men

Two points arise for me:

If the head and hair is part of the zeena(beauty, adornments) then why would God instruct women to not display their zeena since they were already covering it?

Another point is maybe on the other hand God could of just said to cover the "bosoms and zeena except what is apparent of it". And not have mentioned khimar at all which would leave not much room for advocating the head covering.

I would reference brother Josephs comment from his article which I would suggest at the end makes a safer position for all.

[1]"It's subtlety and deliberate ambiguity in the Quranic narrative (as God never runs out of words 18:109) seems to allow for all society norms and sensible judgment which remains firmly within the ambit of 'human decency'."

[2] "There is no specific reference to covering of the hair and the Arabic word 'Hijaab' has never been used to signify nor even insinuate this.  However, if an individual feels that their particular covering lends to better modesty (including hair and face covering) and with respect to prevailing customs, then this is their prerogative. One needs to be careful however not to override the Quran’s injunctions with a view to favour or seek overtly liberalist positions and also not to present overtly repressive directives when they are not decreed by scripture."

Peace

[1],[2] Hijab
http://quransmessage.com/articles/hijaab%20FM3.htm