Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What ARE the differences between Hafs and Warsh??

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink
Re: What ARE the differences between Hafs and Warsh??
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2016, 12:32:21 PM »
Hi, just a note on Hafs and Warsh:

http://www.free-minds.org/sites/default/files/WhichQuran.pdf

This is a very long document, but it states at the end that Warsh is (allegedly) more historically accurate. I'm not sure about this claim, because it's based on "calculations" that were conducted on both transmissions. Neither transmission was found to be "historically accurate."

This is probably not the most reliable study, but I'm just putting it out there. It does have a list of variations between the two versions.
“Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib: I heard the Apostle of Allah say: In eloquence there is magic, in knowledge ignorance, and in poetry wisdom”

“Historically, what is or isn’t mainstream (in Islam) has always been a function of power, not of truth.” (Iyad El-Baghdadi, Arab Spring activist)

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2016, 12:57:42 PM »
Thank you Sister Amira. However, I would advice against using any material sourced from free-minds.com, or any of its Rashad Khalifa-based affiliates. Their "scholarship" cannot be trusted and is usually intended to "prove" their silly numerology, as can be clearly evidenced by the pdf you shared.
Regards
wanderer
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2016, 06:28:04 PM »
Thank you Sister Amira. However, I would advice against using any material sourced from free-minds.com, or any of its Rashad Khalifa-based affiliates. Their "scholarship" cannot be trusted and is usually intended to "prove" their silly numerology, as can be clearly evidenced by the pdf you shared.
Regards
wanderer

Shalom / peace Wanderer - I agree with you on this point. I certainly feel this way too ......>>>>

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2016, 06:20:56 AM »
peace wanderer, duster,

In case you are unaware free-minds.org does not promote numerology / code 19 nor rashad khalifa. Sure it may have some articles discussing these subjects, but also ones critiquing, including many posts on the forum etc.

That pdf document mentions the maths in only several of the 27 pages.

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2016, 08:58:46 AM »
I don't think the entire website is based on Rashad Khalifa and his numerology, but a large part of that document definitely was. Either way, the conclusions it came to were interesting.
“Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib: I heard the Apostle of Allah say: In eloquence there is magic, in knowledge ignorance, and in poetry wisdom”

“Historically, what is or isn’t mainstream (in Islam) has always been a function of power, not of truth.” (Iyad El-Baghdadi, Arab Spring activist)