Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Are we to follow Duas that Ahadith say?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Are we to follow Duas that Ahadith say?
« on: November 08, 2016, 05:51:59 AM »
My grandson gave following Dua to recite:-
Make this dua constantly

اللهم لا تسلط علينا من لا يرحمنا
'Oh Allah, do not appoint over us those who do not have mercy upon us. when I asked him if this Dua
is as per Quran he said it is in Hadith Tirmizi. As per my knowledge the prophet never told  Ummah to
recite any thing other than Quran. What is the opinion of our Forum members ? Thanks for sharing.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
Re: Are we to follow Duas that Ahadith say?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 06:19:30 AM »
Dear Sardar,

My opinion is that as long as we don't say that the prophet said it (This is unproven) and as long as the dua does not contradict the Quran. Then I see no problem in reciting it. Additionally I see no problem in reciting any dua as long as its in harmony with the Quran. Just like the dua recited in Taraweh prayer in Ramadan.

Salam.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 06:41:20 AM »
My point is that is the Prophet  supposed to teach us Dua which is not Quran because the Prophet  is  supposed to teach the Quran not other than Quran.

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 02:52:10 PM »
Asalamu Alykum dear brother Sardar Miyan

Only God knows what "really" happened in the prophets lifetime. It would not be inconceivable or far fetched that he had made dua/a prayer in his own words that was spoken publicly from time to time where people would hear him even though the Quran did not capture the prayer for religious guidance. It would not be going against the commandments of God in my humble opinion if he did.

After all "Thikr" remembrance of the Lord is something that is encouraged from the Quran. There is not one way of making a remembrance of the Lord. At times one might adopt a prayer from other people that might relate to him/her and use it often. The Quran also gave us many example of prayers of the prophets before.

So possibly some things that might be in the Hadith could be true but its not revelation. Just be cautious of the prayer as some prayers maybe not inline with the Quranic message.

you stated
As per my knowledge the prophet never told  Ummah to
recite any thing other than Quran.

The prophet would not of banned any good words of prayers or exercises that people had done. Whether it was adopted from him or from theirselves.

God knows best

Those are my thoughts

Salam

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 01:17:16 AM »
Bros my main point is that the Prophet is supposed to teach Quran and not the Dua other than Quran
and I hope Bro Joseph Islam may give his remarks on this. Let us wait

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 01:49:09 AM »
You know that the Qur'an is a complete, perfected Book. Allah commanded the exalted Prophet to convey nothing but the Qur'an.

29:45 (O Prophet) convey to people all that is revealed to you of the Book, and establish the Divine System. Establishment of the Divine System will shut off lewdness, stinginess, and bad conduct. This is so, because God’s Law is the Greatest Law that can give you eminence. And God knows whatever you people contrive on your own. [21:10, 21:24, 23:70, 43:43-44, 70:21-27. Fahasha includes miserliness, and Munkar is all behavior that goes against Permanent Values given in the Qur’an]

45:6 These are the verses of God We convey to you with truth. Then, in what HADITH, if not in God and His verses, will they believe?
45:7 Woe to every fabricating impostor! [26:222. This draws our attention to forged Ahadith]
45:8 (The impostor) who hears God’s verses conveyed to him, yet he is haughtily obstinate, as though he never heard them. So, announce to him grievous punishment.
45:9 For when he learns anything of Our verses, he belittles them. Theirs is a humiliating punishment in store.