Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Killing pests/insects

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
Killing pests/insects
« on: September 04, 2017, 01:04:19 PM »
Assalaamu 'alaikum All,

Can we kill animals/birds/pests/rodents/insects etc. when they attack us/our cultivation ?.
Qur'an says "And what struck/hit you from a disaster so (it is) because (of) what your hands gathered/acquired, and He forgives/pardons on much." (42:30)
All organisms helps in the survival of human beings directly or indirectly by stabilizing the ecosystem. So ultimately they all are created to help us only (in my knowledge), hence is it right/just to kill/destroy them ?
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Offline good logic

• View Profile
Re: Killing pests/insects
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 07:13:39 PM »
I have few examples,what do you do:
Dogs with rabies/dangerous dogs ( if incurable).
Other animals and wild animals that attack at random.
Mosquitoes carrying diseases.
Bot flies that are about to land on you.
Worms in your gut that are making you ill.
Nits ,bed insects that make their living out your body.
vermin that live in your kitchen.
...etc.
A difficult question. I suppose ,if you do not have to Or can find an alternative solution, i.e a solution where they are no longer harming you,then a definite no.
For example ,most of the time animals,birds and insects have an instinct to stay away from us ,they do not initiate the harm. Very few exceptions.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 03:06:55 AM »
Assalaamu 'alaikum,

We all are created by God. I believe THE MERCIFUL will not allow a single harm to any of His creation even at an atomic level unjustly. So any harm that happen with us is only because of our sins, hence in my humble opinion the only solution to avoid such dangerous situations is seeking forgiveness from God, and if any such situation is happening with us, we should do our best to solve it/to escape from it, except killing God's creations, In addition to seeking help from our Lord, if we deserve His help at that time, definitely He will save us, whatever the situation is.
I do not find any Qur'anic verse which supports such killing of animals/birds/insects or any of God's creation.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 05:03:10 AM »
Brother,do you mean when a toddler has been beaten by a dog,that toddler has committed a sin?
I do  not really understand your point? 
What  are you saying regarding dangerous insects/animals?
 I am not saying we should kill anything by choice. Neither have I said Qoran said this or that.
Some things are common sense  What do you do to stop a spread of disease by certain animals/insects if incurable?

But of course the ideal situation is to have no situation where you are forced to kill anything.

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 11:30:34 PM »
Assalaamu 'alaikum All,

Brother good logic,
I believe that committing a sin by human will happen only after reaching an age of moral maturity or the ability to judge between right and wrong.
And regarding dangerous insects/animals or the animals/insects which spread incurable diseases, I believe such troubles/dangers are happening as a trial punishment from God, so killing of such animals/insects are not the proper solution.
"And what struck/hit you from a disaster so (it is) because (of) what your hands gathered/acquired..."(42:30, 30:36, 30:41, 5:49, 4:79).

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 10:13:02 AM »
And remember when you are killing an animal/ insect etc. you are destroying a living being, which is created by God and you can't make it alive again.

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 10:04:01 PM »
Do  not worry brother, I am not in the habit of killing animals or insects.
Also I do not work in abattoirs nor do I work as a Scientist experimenting on animals and insects.
 I have no intention on killing anything ,unless I step on a small insect on the ground not realising it is there(or too small to see it).
I know for sure I have not killed any animals.
However I cannot say for sure I have not killed insects. Some say we swallow small flies or spiders even when we are fast asleep? I do not know if I have done that.
My wife is frightened(actually terrified) of daddy long legs,so when one enters the house I pick it up gently and let it out from an open window or a door still alive.
Any way,I agree with you brother we must not kill animals or insects deliberately or for no reason whatsoever. They are GOD s creations.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.

Offline relearning

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 03:05:31 PM »
you got a disease or one of your loved ones so according to your interpreation " So any harm that happen with us is only because of our sins, hence in my humble opinion the only solution to avoid such dangerous situations is seeking forgiveness from God" the only way to recover from this illness ,hovewer harming or dangerous it is, is to seek forgiveness from god.By the way i consider your interpretation veri naive romantic and idealistic.

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 03:27:07 PM »
relearning,people keep telling me "I was born a sinner" ,I do not really know what they mean.
 As  far as I know,I was born a baby not knowing anything.
Now when I am growing up(Actually I am a grown up),I know when I have done wrong because of a built in mechanism inside me called "Guilt".
I also know ,by instinct some of the commandments .
And I know that I am no saint.
Hence the need for all the help I can get from my Creator.
Coming back to "any harm that happens with us is only because of our sins",even if it was so, and some of it may be so,I fail to see a connection with common sense of health and safety.
So I agree with you, sometimes we tend to be naive,romantic and completely get things wrong.
I am sure GOD knows a lot of people kill animals and insects because of a "need" and sin has nothing to do with it.
So for me ,we should not kill animals deliberately for no purpose other than being horrible to them/annoyed with their existence next to ours.
In other necessary conditions there should be no problem,like eating  and health and safety reasons.
GOD bless.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 04:42:05 PM »
Assalaamu 'alaikum All,

Can we kill animals/birds/pests/rodents/insects etc. when they attack us/our cultivation ?.
Qur'an says "And what struck/hit you from a disaster so (it is) because (of) what your hands gathered/acquired, and He forgives/pardons on much." (42:30)
All organisms helps in the survival of human beings directly or indirectly by stabilizing the ecosystem. So ultimately they all are created to help us only (in my knowledge), hence is it right/just to kill/destroy them ?

[Al Qur’an 7:133] "So We sent on them the flood and the locusts and the lice and the frogs and the blood (as) signs manifest, so they became arrogant, and they were a nation (of) criminals/sinners”.

Suppose this nation tried to kill/destroy all these pests/insects with the all available pesticides/insecticides, is it the proper solution? Even if they destroyed all the pests/insects then is Allah not able to send on them more attacking and dangerous creatures/vermin which can cause more destruction to human (wrong doers)/to their crops?.