Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Shortening of Prayers

Offline Reader Comments

• View Profile
Shortening of Prayers
« on: March 10, 2012, 11:43:30 PM »
Assalamu Alaikum.

Sura 4:101,102, 103 :  Clearly state the condition (element of danger) for shortening of prayers when travelling.  But people shorten the prayers even when going on holiday.  They reason that prophet (Pbh) used to  shorten the prayers when travelling.   My argument is that he was involved in several wars (27) and enemies are always around him during his life time and he never travel and went on holiday. 

What is your comment please.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Shortening of Prayers
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:49:00 PM »
Salamun Alaikum.

The conditions during which it is permissible to shorten prayer have been clearly stipulated by the Quran as those linked with fear and danger.

No narration / hadith can ever overturn an instruction given by God nor do I accept that the Prophet would have contravened what he was instructed to follow (10:109; 10:15; 33:2; 46:9; 6:106: 6:50; 6:19)

069:044-47
"And if he (Muhammad) were to invent any sayings in Our name, We would have certainly seized him by his right hand, And We should certainly then cut off the artery of his heart. Nor could any one of you withhold him (from Our wrath)"

045:006
"These are the verses of God that We recite to you with truth. Then in what 'Hadith' (statement / narrative) after God and His 'Ayat' (verses) will they believe?"

Please see the article below:

SHORTENING OF PRAYERS
http://quransmessage.com/articles/shortening%20of%20prayers%20FM3.htm

I hope this helps, God willing.

Regards,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell