Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Immunization/vaccination?

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
Immunization/vaccination?
« on: September 19, 2013, 08:28:28 AM »
Salamun Alikum

Dear brothers and sisters

What is your opinions from a Quranic point of view on Immunization and vaccinations such at the time of birth or through ones life?

I did a lot of reading about immunizations, and I just cant seem to get the right answers and make up my mind on such a topic. The opinions of doctors and patients seem very hard to tell whats right and whats wrong.

There is from some people who tell you through studies that immunization for children is harmful and caused lots of harm. And that the studies and testing of immunization is on this generation and its being test now. And the pandemics that happened was not cured by immunizations and it was by better hygiene and cleanliness. and after the use of immunization many peoples immune systems are getting weaker and also causes diseases and does not let the full development of the immune system to develop.

on the other hand, there are other doctors and people who stand up for immunizations and say this is what helped people all over the world to cure the sicknesses. And its been around for a very long time and dates back 1000's of years. And its so safe that you can inject a child with 100 needles and it wont harm them.

I know from the Quran, Allah(swt) tells us honey is a healing for men

Then to eat of all the produce (of the earth), and find with skill the spacious paths of its Lord: there issues from within their bodies a drink of varying colours, wherein is healing for men: verily in this is a Sign for those who give thought.  (16:69)

Also mentioned in the Quran is that

The One who has PERFECTED EVERYTHING HE HAS CREATED and began the creation of mankind from clay (32:7)

The Ayah above I can see it to mean about the form of humans and everything else. But also maybe that the human can have the capabilities of fighting things that are harmful in the world. That it has a defence system created with it.

I think from both point of views one can argue his views by people who have been harmed by them and people who maybe be helped by them.

I can understand that this might not be a religious question rather a medical question.
Its just that sometimes its seems like if someone doesn't take the vaccines its made to seem like its life threatening. And vice versa.

I know that some illnesses can be causes by ones self, by inflicting harm to his or her self. by eating bad, uncleanliness, bad substances etc.

And some are from the Allah(swt)

Also I am not against advancement in the world as the world is progressing and people are learning and developing new things. But I can also see things being for other peoples self interest and making money.

I know from generation to generation parents all line up to give their children the vaccines without question. They all assume its good and its just right. They have no idea what inside of them and the effects if any. They can be possibly safe, but I just got a bad feeling about them from reading many cases on the internet and peoples reviews.

Also I know the Quran states

And pursue not that of which thou hast no knowledge; for every act of hearing, or of seeing or of (feeling in) the heart will be enquired into (on the Day of Reckoning). (17:36)

I believe in depending on the creator always, and also He has given us knowledge and good things to use in this world.

I watched the movie "pursuit of happiness" and I remember the tale the son was telling his father

Hey dad, you wanna hear something funny? There was a man who was drowning, and a boat came, and the man on the boat said "Do you need help?" and the man said "God will save me". Then another boat came and he tried to help him, but he said "God will save me", then he drowned and went to Heaven. Then the man told God, "God, why didn't you save me?" and God said "I sent you two boats, you dummy!"

I would say it makes me think somewhat similar to something like vaccines if someone did not take them or give them to their kids. Like why didn't someone take them when they were available and it was a source of help if that is the case. I hope you get my point

Any help from the Quran's guidance would be very appreciated

Also would like to hear brother Joseph Islam perspective

Thank you

Salamun Alikum

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Immunization/vaccination?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 11:36:41 AM »
Salam Bro Hamzeh, There is Proverb that احتياط علاج سي بهتر هي means Prevention is better than cure. Therefore we have to take preventive measures by getting the kids immunized. Immunization are by giving shots & giving oral liquids. Allah did not tell about each and every aspect of our life. Several aspects are optional. While we go to doctor for treatment like wise we go for Immunization of our children which is part treatment in advance
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 05:03:52 AM »
It would not be out of the way to inform you that there is Treatment of diseases as " Tibb-e-Nabbvi" which was supposed to have suggested by our beloved Prophet which clearly indicate that we allowed for treatment of diseases.

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 05:01:59 AM »
Salaam.

"What Jenner discovered, though hardly original in its general principle, was that it pays far better to scare 100% of the fools in the world—the vast majority—into buying vaccine than it does to treat the small minority who really get smallpox and who cannot afford to pay anything. It was indeed a very great discovery—worth thousands of millions. That is why this kind of blackmail is still kept going"--Dr Hadwin.

This quote is from a priceless article: Vaccination: The Inside story. by Professor Dr BM Hegde

To read the article click on: www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/news.php?id=7021#newspost

Then from the list of archive articles, click on Vaccination: The Inside story

All this is about saving precious lives.

For, according to Qur'an, saving one life is like saving the lives of all mankind!

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 09:45:59 AM »
We not go in prons & cons of Immunization at all as so many people talk about its utility & harm but basically it is always good to safe by resorting to Vaccination.Cholera,Plague,Small Pox,Influenza used to be epedemic & Lakhs of kids & people all over the world used to dieon account non-availbility of Vaccines.

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 02:45:16 PM »
Salaam.

I request all members of this forum to study the online article:

http://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/news.php?id=7021#newspost

All educated people must read it, is my very humble opinion.

The following is a quote from the same:

"We claim that we have conquered many fatal infectious diseases because of our interventions. The truth is otherwise! Most of these diseases were on the wane long before the medical science came on the scene. Plague disappeared from Europe by the end of 18th century before any intervention or antibiotics came on the scene, diphtheria  death rate plummeted well before anti-diphtheritic serum was made available, tuberculosis deaths had significantly come down long before streptomycin or BCG were discovered.

"Affluence with good food and better standards of living coupled with good sanitation had made infectious diseases come down both in Europe since the Second World War and in the US after the 1930s depression abated. Medical intervention had very little to do with the decline. Another biological reason was that most of these diseases are but dynamic ones with their own cycles of waxing and waning. Man claims credit when nature comes to his help. One could only shudder to think that any of the deadly diseases could rear their head at any time in the future when the environment suits them. Give one example of plague. Plague disappeared from Europe when Europe became a degree cooler making it difficult for the rattus rattus (black rat) to survive, replaced by rattus novigenous (white rat). The latter cannot harbor pasturella pestis, the plague germ. If Europe becomes a degree warmer in future, plague might reappear in spite of medical efforts to stop it!"

Dr BM Hegde, the author of the article is well known to me.

It is saving lives.

For, according to Qur'an, saving one life is like saving the lives of all mankind!

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 04:06:15 AM »
Salam Bro There is no need to know about for & agaist aspect by going through articles but the basic point is we have to resort to go for immunization irrespective of its bad affects as in majority of cases it works to immunize against a disease which we actually want. One can read for & against it for academic purpose.