Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Were all the Prophets mentioned in the Quran Infallible?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Were all the Prophets mentioned in the Quran Infallible?
« on: January 17, 2015, 01:35:56 AM »
Salam all. Can somebody say if all the prophets mentioned in Quran were Infalliable ?  Thanks
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
Re: Were all the Prophets mentioned in the Quran Infallible?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 06:46:08 PM »
I know of no verse stating any were infallible.

Offline Donald Hysa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 11:15:57 AM »
Quran states that Mary and Jesus were protected from Devils influence therefore Infallible

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 04:37:23 AM »
Shalom / peace Donald .... I'm not sure that the Quran says that....have you got a verse which says that Mary and Jesus were protected from the Devils influence and therefore infallible>>>>??

Offline Donald Hysa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 04:53:12 AM »
This verse Dustin “…And I have named her Mary (Maryam), and commend her and her offspring to your protection from Satan, the outcast.” (Quran 3:36)

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 05:16:08 AM »
Shalom / peace Donald .....verse 3:36 right? Where does it say that God / Allah said that he has given them complete protection from Satan so they became infallible?????

This is what Mary's mother said...she named her daughter Mary and asked for Allah's protection from Satan...isn't that what all righteous mothers do>????>>>>

Here...see some other translations...

003:036 Pickthal   
:
And when she was delivered she said: My Lord! Lo! I am delivered of a female - Allah knew best of what she was delivered - the male is not as the female; and lo! I have named her Mary, and lo! I crave Thy protection for her and for her offspring from Satan the outcast.

003:036 Shakir   
:
So when she brought forth, she said: My Lord! Surely I have brought it forth a female-- and Allah knew best what she brought forth-- and the male is not like the female, and I have named it Marium, and I commend her and her offspring into Thy protection from the accursed Shaitan.

003:036 Sahih International   
:
 But when she delivered her, she said, "My Lord, I have delivered a female." And Allah was most knowing of what she delivered, "And the male is not like the female. And I have named her Mary, and I seek refuge for her in You and [for] her descendants from Satan, the expelled [from the mercy of Allah]."

Offline Donald Hysa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 05:19:05 AM »
Allah himself says He has given her protection from Satan  in every translation bro.

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 05:20:47 AM »
Prove it!...I showed you examples...you are making statements.....>>>show me a verse where Allah says that Mary and prophet Jesus were protected from Satan and couldn't sin...I have yet to come across such a translation...

Offline Donald Hysa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 05:28:48 AM »
Appologies I seem to have been misslead from a  wrong translation

Offline Seraphina

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 05:39:27 AM »
Selam,
Satan's goal is to make people revolt against God and question his justice and mercy, just like he did with Adam and Eve - he made them greedy for more, and he made them believe God had been unjust to them. That's what he tries to do with all mankind. Satan had misguided almost all of Israel at that time. Only few believers were still trying hard to live according to Holy Scriptures. Mary's mother, being a devoted believer, was aware of this, and prayed to God to protect her daughter and her offspring from Satan's misguidance. It's just a prayer of a mother for her child. It's not a statement that this child (or his mother) was infallible.
Your sister Seraphina.
"Say:"O my slaves who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 03:04:04 AM »
As the First Prophet Adam committed minor mistake by eating something from a tree Allah had driven
Adam & his wife by sending them to earth. Likewise minor mistakes could be committed by other prophets also therefore the infallibility in respect of prophets can not be ensured as there appears to be no Ayah on this subject as Bro Wakas reply.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light