Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Assalam alikum Joseph Islam - Thamud and the Nabateans

Offline Duster

• View Profile
Re: Assalam alikum Joseph Islam - Thamud and the Nabateans
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 08:36:04 PM »
Shalom / peace brother Joseph......thanks so much for your insights which i think really deal with this subject well......so much what is shared with us on this topic and Nabateans doesn't make sense.......for example.....all these tombs....where are all their dwellings then???did the Nabateans make all these elaborate tombs and yet sleep in their tents at night in the open spaces?why such effort on their tombs yet their own homes don't seem to exist in the same way with the same level of effort....really???? Could it be that that Nabateans turned certain dwellings left by earlier people into tombs later??????....so many questions.....

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 11:50:16 PM »
So to sum up do you believe that these tombs were built by thamud or not and is it possible that there dwellings are somewhere else like yemon and that they were destroyed between the prophets time and now and can someone tell me the meaning of 89:9 because I'm still really stuck by this verse because this verse makes it sound like the buildings were standing tall because if the nabateans did build over there dwellings or expanded the outside then thamud did not build it but what is clear is that thamud had to exsist before moses and more an likely abraham and they had to be close to noah and like I said if noah nation was the first to commit shirk then they have to of been destroyed by 9000 bc because of the gobekli temple so if noah nation was destroyed then like I said thamud had to of come close to that but in the end of the day I'm stuck on 89:9 the meaning also if thamud did build these then thamud would have to have build the buildings in petra the tombs because there the same

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 11:53:10 PM »
Also if these are tombs the quran says thamud built ho to live in not tombs

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 12:06:33 AM »
And if these buildings were not built by thamud are you saying that the quran made a historical mistake by bring inspired also where I got yemon from is this is what the book is called Road of the Patriarch 2 arabia also is it not possible that 29:38 means the land not dwellings and also if they were shown then 27:52 says there were in utter ruins ruined and the buildings in petra and madain saleh don't fit these details also thamud were destroyed by a earthquake these don't fit the details because if the buildings are showing then then meant to show us how they were destroyed in verse 29:38

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 12:09:56 AM »
Also al hijr just means a rocky area not a country and people said this name was given to thamud and then they called madian al saleh thamud si that ended up being called al hijr also it says in a valley with a river bed madian don't fit these details also people think noah and thamud were in yemon close to ad also there is a town called thamud and the quran said allah left no people of thamud apart from the believers

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2017, 12:22:01 AM »
And people also think it was done in wadi al’Qura what is far away from mada'in saleh because mada'in saleh was called wadi al’Qura way way later on after the quran so wadi al’Qura is al alu or somewhere else

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2017, 12:24:42 AM »
Sorry for posting it separately I'm just trying to give the most information also these tombs look younger then the buildings in Egypt

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2017, 12:45:14 AM »
Shalom / peace Sharon.......I'm starting to feel that you are asking unnecessary...repeated questions for the sake of it......didn't you read brother Joseph's elaborate response? In my view you are just wasting time with numerous posts.....I'm surprised moderators haven't warned you already......

It would also help if your questions were properly phrased and not come across like  a complete rant .......

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2017, 12:48:59 AM »
I'm not wasting time I'm just given extra information about it I have read what joesph said it just that I don't understand all what he said that was all

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2017, 12:50:17 AM »
The reason the way my writing is because I'm using a mobile I don't have a laptop so I just try to keep it short

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2017, 12:57:08 AM »
I'm surprised you didn't understand it as from where I'm reading this......his position was made quite clear.  Maybe you aren't reading it properly?....if anything your questions often don't make sense are so long winded.... like a rant.....why don't you simplify your questions in bullet or number forms rather than give long speeches over a number of posts?????

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2017, 03:13:23 AM »
Salam ,

Vers 89:9 could also have another meaning because against most translations i read "and thamud which brought rocks into the valley"
if im not mistaken jabou bi-does mean to bring to

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2017, 04:56:37 AM »
Ok thanks my problem with 89:9 is it uses the AL before the sakahra so the AL makes it sound like specific rocks or mountains like example (I say the Romans built the buildings in the land even thow you can't see the buildings. the sentence sounds like to the reader the people at that time could see those buildings but the person who said it couldn't see them either he was just saying in genral the buildings were built here  but it is the AL what makes it sound more specific like the person could see it ) like what you wrote ("and thamud which brought rocks into the valley") you didn't use the AL before the sakahra  because the AL makes it sound like specific rocks or mountains   

This is for deliverance

Assalam alikum duster I will put them in numbers and bulliet points now on I read what joesph said again so to sum up is he saying he doesn't know if they are or not they might be or might not be to him the buildings might of been somewhere else is that what brother joesph saying

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2017, 05:00:35 AM »
So your point is what Sharon??????? :o

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2017, 05:04:33 AM »
My point is the verse sounds like in the present tense not the past but the jabbu is a verb what means past so it is confusing to understand the verse one minute it sound present the past