Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Can you hate Allah yet still be a good Muslim?

Offline Lobotomize94

• View Profile
Can you hate Allah yet still be a good Muslim?
« on: September 29, 2020, 05:51:02 AM »
This is a serious question. I believe Allah exists and I believe there is nothing more perfect or worthy of worship besides Allah.

But I don’t love Allah. I’ve never loved anyone whatsoever.

But it’s worse. I try to love Allah, but internally, if I were to be honest, I hate him. I’ve been struggling with this for a while—I can pretend I love Allah, but it’s not genuine.

I never asked to exist. All the benefits of life are worthless because death is better and it would’ve been nice not to have those benefits and not exist in the first place. Honestly, if I could choose between heaven/paradise and permanent death, I’d choose death. I want nothing to do with Allah and I don’t want to go to heaven (I certainly don’t want to go to hell either—but death is better than heaven for me).  You can offer me mountains of gold and all the pleasures of life and I still don’t want any of it.

I don’t want any of the rewards Allah offers, I just don’t want the punishment.

Internally, I hate Allah and I don’t want anything at all to do with him. I don’t want to meet him or speak to him—I don’t want his presence. I want nothing to do with him or anything else for that matter.

But I continue to do what is right, believe in Allah, do everything I’m supposed to.

Is it a commandment for us to love Allah? There’s nothing in the Quran that’s says you’re supposed to love him, right? Because if there is: then there simply is no hope for me. I don’t even love my parents. I’ve never loved anything or anyone.

Please if you are reading this, delay your judgment. I ask that you answer the question whether loving Allah is required to be a Muslim. It’s not like I can flip a switch and magically love Allah.

Offline ilker

• View Profile
Re: Can you hate Allah yet still be a good Muslim?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 04:31:47 AM »
Salam,

There is a difference between "not liking" and "hating" so why do you "hate" Allah ? How can you have bonds with Him and obey Him and ask everything you need from Him and still hate Him ?

You said you don't want any rewards of Allah ? What is "a reward" for you ? You have fingers to type on the keyboard... Isn't it a reward ? You can see, you can hear, you have tools to do research and learn about Quran and Allah and His prophets, angels etc. Aren't they "rewards" for you ? Do you take them for granted ?

"There’s nothing in the Quran that’s says you’re supposed to love him, right?" you asked, it isn't right... Just check out 2:165, 5:54, 89:28 and many others. If you love anything/anybody more than Him, think about 29:25... And generally think about 9:24... But don't be panicked or upset when you read them, just ask Allah swt to "help you" love Him. Try to remember 60:7 all the time. He has power over all things, hearts are no exception.

I think, you should have deep "thinking" sessions about what you have (anything materially and spiritually) and why you choose to obey Allah with you heart and yet hate Him. If you hate Him, I wonder who is better than Him for you to love ?

I would like to know what caused you to hate Him but if it's not too personal, then I'm sorry to ask.

By the way, I'm not judging you. I'm not. If I sounded judgmental I apologize for that. I'm just trying to understand your thoughts by asking you the questions I have in mind.

Peace.

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 10:59:14 PM »
Can you hate Allah and still be a good Muslim?

What is a good Muslim? One who has "submitted" to Allah-Accepted Allah and His system-.

A good Muslim and hating Allah are two opposites. There must be a misunderstanding of the concept of "Muslim" if one thinks the two are compatible.

Of course one has the freedom to love or hate Allah, but one cannot be a Muslim to Allah if they hate Allah.
If you say can you hate Allah and still be a "good" person as someone peaceful and helpful to others then that is a different matter.
As for hating Allah,one is free to love or hate  Allah. Allah has given that choice to all of us.

Allah also forgives and accepts  all repentance from any sin ,yes even hating Allah will be forgiven,if one changes their stance .

So do not worry brother , do what is best for you . Being a good person is commendable by Allah.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Kaifa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 03:21:03 AM »
Allah(SWT) doesn’t necessarily directly reference His Ownself in these verses but His recommendations and His Ownself are One and the same, aren’t they? 

“And it may be that you dislike/hate a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know.” (AI-Baqarah, 2:216)

“فَإِنْ كَرِهْتُمُوهُنَّ فَعَسَىٰ أَنْ تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَيَجْعَلَ اللَّهُ فِيهِ خَيْرًا“
For it may well be you may not like a thing, yet God may have endued it with much goodness.(An-Nisa, 4:19)

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 06:30:03 PM »
Salaam
I would like to add my view.
I would seek refuge and protection in Allah the Almighty from the expelled Satan. A thief will go where the loot is. Satan will go where the believers are to disrupt and confuse them and sow doubt. You are a believer and if you are righteous then Allah Taala will take care of the rest.

Peace and blessings of Allah the source of peace on all