Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What ARE the differences between Hafs and Warsh??

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
What ARE the differences between Hafs and Warsh??
« on: July 26, 2016, 05:19:11 AM »
Hi guys. I have a problem. I always knew that the Quran has been preserved by God throughout the centuries. However, now I hear that the Quran has a couple other slightly different versions cycling around in some parts of the world. I get that none of these differences impact the meaning of the Quran, but still how could God let there be be the slightest grammatical error in his Holy text?? This is really troubling me, please respond as soon as possible. Thank you
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What ARE the differences between Hafs and Warsh??
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 09:53:48 AM »
Salaam,

There is an article written on this topic by Joseph:

http://quransmessage.com/articles/seven%20readings%20FM3.htm

I hope it helps IA

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 11:26:52 AM »
Assalamu Alaikum :)

The Quran says that its message will be protected.

"Indeed, it is We who have sent down the Quran and We will be its guardian." -15:9

The Quran is a recitation; that means that it is written down the way it sounds. Variant spellings don't make a difference in its recitation. They also don't make a difference in its message. So the message was preserved; however, minor spelling differences may remain.

Currently, we still have the mass-transmitted, standard Hafs Quran. This is the "message" and it remains intact.

Hope this helps x
“Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib: I heard the Apostle of Allah say: In eloquence there is magic, in knowledge ignorance, and in poetry wisdom”

“Historically, what is or isn’t mainstream (in Islam) has always been a function of power, not of truth.” (Iyad El-Baghdadi, Arab Spring activist)

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 11:41:09 AM »
So the only difference between the version is spelling?
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 11:42:36 AM »
I don't speak arabic, so I had trouble understanding the pdf Brother Elijah shared.

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 12:57:07 PM »
Peace. There're all the variations.

And there're variations in pronounciation too. (such as 2:6, 2:9, 2:10, 2:13, 2:14, 2:20, 2:28, 2:33, 2:46, 2:54, 2:62, 2:67, 2:73, 2:76, 2:78, 2:83, 2:85, 2:90, 2:91, 2:93, 2:96, 2:103, 2:111, 2:114, 2:129, 2:139, 2:140, 2:143, 2:151, 2:163, 2:172, 2:174, 2:177, 2:180, 2:184, 2:195, 2:200, 2:203, 2:214, 2:217, 2:220, 2:221, 2:223, 2:224, 2:229, 2:232, 2:233, 2:236, 2:237, 2:242, 2:243, 2:246, 2:247, 2:248, 2:262, 2:266, 2:274, 2:277, 2:280, 2:282, and 2:284)
deleted

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 02:32:44 PM »
Peace. Are their any other type of variation besides pronunciation?

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 02:40:06 PM »
Because Joseph's article makes it seems like their are other, more significant differences that may cause a slight change to the message, which is what worried me. In particular, the article mentioned particular changes in chapters nine and ten.

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 08:16:43 PM »
Peace wanderer.

The questions that arise are:

1- which version did GOD originally send?

2- Where is the version written by/during the time of the prophet?

3- Does it matter if few letters/ words differ?

4- What does GOD mean by preserving the "dhikr"?

5-Does GOD stop anyone from adding/taking away from original Qoran when copying  mushafs?

6- How are we going to check/investigate/confirm what the original Qoran was/is still is?

I believe,according to my study, that  GOD has given the answer in Qoran.
Qoran is preserved in "a master tablet" .
GOD has "counted the number of everything".
GOD has locked His words mathematically so we can clearly differentiate between "What GOD has revealed" and what" humans add/take away/write"...
There is/has ever been only one "mushaf"
This is my view.
Let us see how the conversation will develop / stop ...
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 08:32:21 PM »
Peace. I think also "from these varaitions, is there ever a variation in command from our Lord?".
deleted

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 11:48:11 PM »
Dear Good Logic
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying. All I want to know is, are there are differences between Hafs and Warsh that may alter the way the Quran is perceived/read/interpreted, even slightly.

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 01:09:52 AM »
There're.
deleted

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 01:11:39 AM »
Peace wanderer.
In short, for the sincere in heart, GOD will guide. It does not matter what difference there is between the mushafs.

Those who are also sincerely following the bible to find out the truth  will also be guided for their sincerity.

In fact if anyone, no matter  what race , creed or religion,seeks the Creator sincerely wanting to know the truth,there are no problems.

So in short,the differences will not matter  because GOD Alone guides.

The truth will always prevail over falsehood in the end. No matter where the starting point is and no matter where the differences are.

Thank you.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 01:36:13 AM »
I'm sorry, but all I request is an answer to my question which you are skirting around. This is making me very agitated. Please answer my question. Thank you.